Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cataclisto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 07:09 PM
    Freezing problem
    I have a problem with my dial up internet on another computer. Once I'm connected to the internet my computer will freeze after 15 seconds. I can't use the internet on it now because every single time it happens, any sugestions?
    blondie121505 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2006, 08:26 PM
    From what I have experienced with the freezing was a virus. You need to find a software to remove the viruses. Also, your prossesor could be bad. Either way it's a performance problem, nothing else try clearing your RAM.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2006, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cataclisto
    I have a problem with my dial up internet on another computer. Once im connected to the internet my computer will freeze after 15 seconds. I can't use the internet on it now because every single time it happens, any sugestions?
    Windows version? How much RAM? Have you talked to your ISP? Have you had your phone lines checked?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2006, 01:58 PM
    Hi, cataclisto,
    As another said, what version of windows do you have? Is it 98, XP, etc?
    Please post back with that.
    Thank you.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Feb 7, 2006, 01:33 PM
    Install a Firewall =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Freezing! [ 6 Answers ]

It seems pretty much normal that most women are colder than men, but this is just bad. I am constantly shivering in my own house, while my husband is sweating. I wear sweat shirts and pants ALL the time! My teeth chatter at work... and I wear a jacket in the office! I have been told I need more...

AC freezing up. [ 5 Answers ]

Installed it all and charged it on Sunday. Coil is 2" above furnace, called a guy to braze pipes and check pressure. Said all was fine and good. Air was good and cold but it was clear some ductwork needed to be done so I am planning that, but I got plenty of return air and now I also got an inch...

My PC is always freezing & rebooting [ 8 Answers ]

I have Windows XP. Every time I try to play free bingo the computer just freezes or reboots after a short time. I get an error message that says Error Signature BC Code 100000dl BCP1:0000F4F9 BCP200000002 BCP300000000 BCP4:F7FBB838 OSVER:5-1-2600 sp:2-0 pRODUCT:256-1 Please can you help. The PC...

Problem freezing at startup... [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, I'll begin by saying that I don't know much about computers... Anyway, my problem is that my computer, Window 2000, keeps freezing at startup. After the black screen that says "Press F8....", it goes onto a screen that has the Windows logo and the blue bar going across the bottom of the...

Freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My computer freezes when I am trying to watch Internet TV or stream video. Does anybody knows what is the problem? Tx

View more questions Search