Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chathamhighflirt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 06:26 PM
    Singing Career
    :) Hi I was just wondering if you can please help me get a singing career I write my own songs record them on tape and listen to myself but it's hard to find a career around where I live please help:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2006, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chathamhighflirt
    :) Hi i was just wondering if you can please help me get a singing career i write my own songs record them on tape and listen to myself but it's hard to find a career around where i live please help:)

Several questions, how old are you, what type of music do you do.

Often you have to start singing for free, local nursing homes, veteran meetings, group meetings library groups. Look for open mike nights at varoius places. For example we have two open mikes in our town each month but we also travel about 100 miles 4 times a month to other open mike nights.

Find places to start is just a matter of asking. But again when you start it will be singing for free, after you get a start then you can start moving to paying things, but even the start of paying gigs will be low, often not covering the cost of the travel.
    chathamhighflirt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 07:25 PM
    Hi thanks for helping me I am 14 and I sing romance songs and also I write them
    offtharip Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2006, 02:10 PM
    Stick In There The Path Is Often Long And Hard Struggle Makes You Stronger And You Are Young Keep At It And Let Time Take Its Course Just Don't Sell Out Stay True To Your Music People Can See That And Will Appreciate That

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get into singing [ 16 Answers ]

Hey I really what to be a singer and that's all I can think of do you now of any ways to get to the singing business I would love to hear what you have to say... p.s want to be a singer really badly! :eek:

Singing career [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to help one of my girlfriends with guidance to a singing career. I was thinking of such options as singing commercial jingles as well as theatrical singing as well... Can someone point me in the proper direction please! Thanks...

Singing Pipes [ 6 Answers ]

My pipes have been "singing" lately, especially during the hottest days. Everything outlet (kitchen sink, dishwasher, toilet, lavatory, shower) in the house causes the sound. It occurs mainly with the hot water, but the cold cause it intermittenly Over the weekend we found that the sound travels...

Hey I want a caree in singing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone one had anyadive on how to get a caree in singing please contact me bac :) this is because my little girl has a wonderful voice but I don't no how to get her out in the open :o

View more questions Search