Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brenok Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Mar 2, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Discovery on Debt Collection Suit
    Hi all. I am working on my discovery request relating to a junk debt buyer's suit against me. Without getting into the long scenario again, I was served and filed the answer and delivered a copy to the court and mailed a certified copy to the debt collector's attorney. I also requested validation and all they have sent me is the OC's name and address, nothing else.

I have these questions about discovery: (I live in OK)

1. Are copies of the discovery request filed with the court in addition to the plaintiff's attorney?

2. How soon do I submit the discovery request - do I wait until a hearing has been scheduled? I filed the answer about 10 days ago.

Thanks everyone as always,
    B

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery Small Claims Collection Company Documentation [ 2 Answers ]

On the pre-trial statement in a lawsuit filed by a debt collection company they stated that they would complete discovery within 60 days and they listed all the items they had. This time has since passed. The case has gone to trial which is this Tuesday. Just this past Thursday they subpoenaed a...

Need to naswer a Credit Card debt collection law suit [ 7 Answers ]

I have been sued by Unifund looks like so is everybody else. For a 3-4 years old Credit card Debit which I could not pay due to loss of a job and they Raised the Interest rates on me and minimum payment. I kept paying for a year or so then ran out of mmoney. Now they have sued me here in...

Defenses against a suit by collection agency [ 1 Answers ]

I need to reply/answer a summons I received from a collection agency. The debt is very small(less then 1k) from 3 different medical providers. I believed my medical insurance at the time covered these debts, but apparently not. Because I only have <20 to respond, I need to figure out what I...

Collection agency filed suit [ 1 Answers ]

Can a collection ageny file suit against you once you've set up payment plans? And can they tell you that they won't except a certain amount it has to be more?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.