Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katiebfrank Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Boyfriend will not move out.My mother owns the house!
    My boyfriend won't move out... My Mother owns the house, and we live in one of the apartments... he has been telling me that she cannot evict him without evicting me also... which doesn't make much sense to me at all! There is no lease, we pay month to month (since I'm family and all). So what I'm asking is what kind of notice does she have to give him, and he does have to leave right?? Please Help! Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2008, 10:01 AM
    He is saying whatever he thinks you will fall for and hoping you accept it as fact.
    Your mom has to go to district court/magistrate and file for an eviction notice.
    Then he has whatever amount of days left to work on moving out. I have heard two weeks to 30 days. My neighbor just got 30 day notice but I think it depends on the law in your area.
    And N0 you would not be kicked out along with him!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Yes, she can give him notice, if you pay monthly normally a month notice, now he can ignore it, then your mom will have to file in housing court for a formal eviction though the court.
    Katiebfrank Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Thanks guys... and that's what I thought, but he did have me convinced! Will have to look into it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother In Law can't or won't move out [ 2 Answers ]

My Mother In Law with (undianosed compulsive disorder) has lived with my husband and I for over 5 years and I can't bear it anyone. She doesn't have any money to move out and she is my husbands only family, so I can say anything and I have been quitely going insane for all this time. She always...

Mother-in-law needs to move out [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have been helping my mother-in-law out for about 4-5 months. She needed a place to stay and get her life back on track. She has no place to go and is on medicine for bipolar. We try to get her to look for apartments and stuff and she rarely does it. Plus she sleeps on my couch and...

Who Owns House Now that Ex-Spouse Died? [ 3 Answers ]

1. Fifteen years ago when I divorced my husband, I signed a Quit Claim Deed. 2. He refinanced and paid me off. Last year, he paid off that refinance loan and went into a reverse mortgage agreement. 2. Our son (25 years old) lived in the house with his father, my ex-husband. 2. My...

Can I move house with new mother and kitten? [ 2 Answers ]

My cat has just given birth to 1 beautiful kitten (the 2nd was stillborn). They are getting along well, and currently living in a box I set up as their nest some weeks ago. However I need to move house within the next week, and need to know if and when it is safe to move the mother and her kitten....

View more questions Search