Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nirlepa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Live part-time NYC and work full-time and live part-timein Long Island am I NYC resi
    For all of 2007, I lived and worked in Suffolk County four days per week, and I lived in the Bronx three days per week (not working during those three days). My employer generated my w-2 form with non-resident status based on my working and living in Suffolk County for my emploment. My question is, am I, for new York City tax purposes, a full time resident of New York City or a part-time resident of New York City? Thank you very much, Nirlepa
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 3, 2008, 07:45 AM
    I think you are a non-resident of NYC. Based on your description that you spent more time living in Suffolk County than NYC (eating, sleeping), I believe you clam Suffolk as your principal residence. Hence no NYC resident tax is due.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in nj working in nyc own a 2nd home in nyc [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I recently moved to nj oct. 06. I continue to work in nyc as a teacher my husband a paramedic in brooklyn. We also own our prior home a 3 fam building in brooklyn, ny. Should we fill out taxes in nj and if we don't does that affect our property tax break(nj) or property tax Rebate(nj)?

Live in New Jersey but work Full Time In NYC [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved to NJ last August. I worked half a year as a NY resident and now half a year as a NJ resident. I just did my taxes and found that I owed NJ. Does anyone know how to figure out how much money to put aside for next year? I was under the impression that since NY has higher taxes I...

Live in NJ... Work in NYC [ 1 Answers ]

I am married, currently own a home in New Jersey and am looking for work in NYC. I will be commuting to NYC via the train so I will maintain residency in NJ. My questions are, on my paycheck, what will be deducted? How will my year end taxes be affected if I file multistate? Let's say I make...

Live in NYC work in NJ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I live in NYC and work in NJ. My gross wages were only 8400$ and I am married. I paid taxes to NJ. I need to know who do I have to file to , meaning 1.Federal 2.NJ and 3.NY ? And if so because I earned so little I understand I will receive most if not all of the taxes I paid back. But...

Work in NJ live in NYC [ 1 Answers ]

I work in NJ but live in NYC. I am confused over what forms I need to fill out. I believe I have made an error in that I have filed NJ state tax using the over the phone service. Now I am told that I should have filed as a nonresident in NJ which would have gotten me all of my NJ withheld tax...

View more questions Search