Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    socjuad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Furnace shuts off before reaching thermostat setting
    I own a Clare furnace model CHU 072 NH3A that runs for three minutes then shuts down for five minutes then restarts again.

It has a primary limit switch and a burner limit switch. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Check for dirty filter. Open all registers to prevent heat backup.
    If this fails post back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace not reaching target temp [ 12 Answers ]

My furnace never reaches the target temperature on the thermostat. Even if I increase the temp on the thermostat, the temperature is never met. The current temp is set for 74 degrees, it was 62 this morning? The furnace is a Goodman, the thermostat is digital. I just replaced the thermostat...

Thermostat Calling for Heat but Furnace Shuts Off [ 6 Answers ]

I have a gas forced-air furnace 3-5yrs old. Honeywell setback type thermostat (set to "HOLDTEMP") My problem is the furnace seems to shut off before it reaches set point (ussually 4-6 degrees below set point) I changed the thermostat and still the same issue. If I turn the power off to the...

Furnace not heating the house. Damper on the furnace not opening. Motor then shuts. [ 4 Answers ]

My forced-air furnace is not working correctly. The gas works heating the air in the furnace, but When the motor starts the damper doesn't open and the Motor shut down. I need suggestions?:mad:

Carier furnace shuts off before reaching temp [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carier weathermaker furnace that shuts off before reaching temp. any idea what could be the problem.

View more questions Search