Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pburke Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2006, 12:31 PM
    In my thoughts
    About 20 years ago I had a short, but very intense relationship with a man who I knew would be moving in a couple of months. He said once that I was like the girl in the movie "Bladerunner" because I was willing to become attached to him even though I knew that he would be leaving and he thought that I was a very special person for that. We spoke a few times shortly after he left, and on one occasion he told me that he was not "in love" with me. I figured that was his decision and I never spoke to him after that, though he wrote me once apologizing. I thought about him off and on over the years, but lately I have had an intense desire to contact him, as though I needed to contact him, but the thing is I don't really want to. He and I are both married to other people now. Might this be important?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2006, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pburke
    About 20 years ago I had a short, but very intense relationship with a man who I knew would be moving in a couple of months. He said once that I was like the girl in the movie "Bladerunner" because I was willing to become attached to him even though I knew that he would be leaving and he thought that I was a very special person for that. We spoke a few times shortly after he left, and on one occasion he told me that he was not "in love" with me. I figured that was his decision and I never spoke to him after that, though he wrote me once apologizing. I thought about him off and on over the years, but lately I have had an intense desire to contact him, as though I needed to contact him, but the thing is I don't really want to. He and I are both married to other people now. Might this be important?
    Are you married now, living with someone, have a seriouis relationship with someone. I remember and wonder what happened to many of the special people in my past. But you normaly can't and should not try to relive the past, it seldom works.

If you have no commitment where you are now, OK, it can't hurt but don't expect too much.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2006, 11:09 PM
    We all get those feelings of past loves now and again but for us married people trying to go back in time is not appropriate or wise .Leave these feelings where they belong in the privacy of your own heart and take no actions on them !:cool:
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Jan 30, 2006, 06:41 PM
    Dear Pburke it was brief it WAS IT WAS intense and it is time to let go!
    Peace ranieri

Quote Originally Posted by pburke
    Sand Daddy Posts: 95, Reputation: 14

Feb 1, 2008, 06:32 PM
    When you go back, you regret... Trust me! Don't ruin the memories!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Often when somebody is on your heart and mind really intense it could mean they are going through a hard time and need your 'prayers'
    That has happened to me a lot of times. I won't see a friend for ages and then I will have them heavy on my heart and then I see them again and find out they were having some problem during the same time I couldn't get them off my mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative thoughts [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am feeling really low at the moment. I often feel that I am alone and find it difficult to trust people. Negative thoughts keep coming into my head, telling me that my boyfriend is lying to me, or seeing someone else, doesn't really love or care about me. I am...

Second thoughts [ 19 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I'm eighteen, I have no support from my family, I don't have a decent job, I don't have a steady, or stable home, and I'm eight months pregnant. I already picked out a nice family that will be able to spoil him, and give him everything he'll ever need. So what's the problem...

I need all of your thoughts... [ 15 Answers ]

My friend 'S' is 22yrs old and has so many problems with guys it's unreal. Recently she has been out on 3 dates with this guy 'K'. They have got on really well, had a lovely time he even invited her to a family party which is taking place in march. I have not seen her so happy in ages. ...

View more questions Search