Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    texas boyz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Throw a knuckleball in slowpitch softball
    How to throw a knuckleball in slowpitch softball
    carly_may_13 Posts: 53, Reputation: 7

Jul 14, 2009, 02:26 AM

Grip is everything, hold the ball with your left hand, see the C shape the seams make, put 2 fingers on the top of the seam at the top of the C, your fingers should be bent so that your nails are just touching the top of the top seam and your 1st knuckles should either be touching or almost touching the surface of the ball. You also want to have our 3rd finger spread out and along the seam that continues from the top of the C. Spread you thumb out as far as you can to gain better grip. Start pitching with a slower arm swing than usual just until you get the grip, so it doesn't slip out of your hand too early. Once you practice that you should be able to spread up your arm swing back to normal. Sometimes even once you totally have it, it will slip out early but when this happens it's usually just low (or bouncing on the ground), so it won't get smashed. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have a softball field 114 feet from our bedroom window. [ 4 Answers ]

Below is a copy of the letter that I am taking to the park but I need more information. Does anyone know the law about city ordinances that restrict how close a softball field can be from a home. I warn you it is long... Our neighborhood has been having problems with the baseball field at...

Who Likes Softball [ 3 Answers ]

Softball is my favourite game, I love it heaps. What about you? :)

Company logo on softball shirt, workmans compensation [ 3 Answers ]

In Ohio, can a company logo on a company softball team shirt be used as evidence in a workmans compensation claim from an employee wearing such a shirt who gets injured in a softball game played in a location away from the company location and not played during regular work hours?

Fast-pitch softball leagues in NC? [ 0 Answers ]

Are there any fast-pitch softball leagues in NC?

View more questions Search