Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Need suggestions
    What would you recommend serving with cabbage rolls? I'm stumped.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2008, 09:06 PM
    I Got to have mashed potatoes and green beans with sauteed onions and mushrooms with mine.

Cabbage rolls
    Boil cabbage
    Add diced onion and cooked rice to ground meat mixture
    Put meat into cabbage leaves
    I add a can of whole tomatoes, can of tomato purée and a can of tomato paste
    Bake
    I bake for awhile and then cover then finish uncovered

Mashed potatoes
    Red are the best
    I leave skins on and boil -with salt added
    Mash and add butter, half and half and a little sour cream, chives and dash of garlic powder
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 01:35 AM
    Tell me what a cabbage roll is and ill tell you what to eat with it lol my gid you guys over there eat some odd food :D
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 06:21 AM
    LOL Curlybenswife... cabbage rolls are cabbage leaves stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, pork and rice. They are usually cooked in a tomato sauce however I have had them with a mushroom gravy. My heritage is Polish and Ukrainian and cabbage rolls arrived in Canada with them!:)
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 06:34 AM
    MMMM Boy they are good. We call them pigs in a blanket. Poor little piggies I'm not sure why?
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 06:45 AM
    I don't every think I had a sausage roll. What's the sausage in?
    (sounds good though :)
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Pigs in blankets here are sausages wrapped in bacon, and the cabbage rolls are done with vine leaves here.

Id serve a bean salad and crusty bread with them I'm not one for massive amounts of fried food there really is no reason to fill our bodys with extra fat.

Ah my darling a sausage roll is a roll of sausage meat wrapped in puff pastry and baked in the oven.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Bean salad and crusty bread sounds good! Thanks.
    wnk_1001 Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Mar 2, 2008, 02:13 PM
    My mother used to make cabbage rolls using ground beef and ground veal (instead of ground pork.) I suppose you could substitute the veal for pork, which I have done by accident a couple of times, but it changes the flavor too drastically for my liking. My mom sauteed' the onions and pre cooked the rice. She always paired this meal with mashed potatoes, cucumber salad and crusty bread. For the cucumber salad she used only cucumbers, onions and sour cream, with a little bit of salt & pepper of course. Unlike most, my mum squeezed the cucs to drain the excess water. I won't even tell you what a pain staking task this is, but to this day I can't eat cuc salad unless the cucs have been squeezed. I was spoiled. Well, I hope you enjoy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any suggestions, what can I do? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single mother of two. I just recently had a baby girl this summer, and although she is wonderful, it has been hell for me ever since... Where do I start?? Last summer my car was repossessed because I could not afford to keep it and pay my rent and other bills on my fixed income, so my mother...

Any suggestions? [ 1 Answers ]

OK so me and my boyfriend had sex, and I know how guys pre-. And he always seems worried that I might be pregnant. And now that I've looked up the signs of pregnancy the only sign that I have is nausea.. my period was supposed to come Thursday. And it is now Saturday night. And it hasn't come yet....

I need some suggestions. [ 14 Answers ]

A coworker of my husband has asked me if I would watch her little girl all this week. She asked me how much I charge and I am completely stumped. No one has been wiling to pay me for babysitting since I was a teenager. How much would you guys charge for babysitting one kid for one week...

Any Suggestions? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok I'm only 16 and I think I could be pregnant... im not sure though... My last period was on March 26 2007... I started BC on April 1st 2007 and I stopped taking it on April 6th 2007... would it have been effective?? Well anywayzz I had sex on April 6th... Then on April 9th 10th 11th 12th 13th and...

Suggestions? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't get along with a sister who is a year and half older than me, I am having problems with my parents with communicating, the youngest sister doesn't like talking to me and is hostile towards me when I try to involve her or get invloved with things with her, and the oldest sister I don't...

View more questions Search