Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sensible Wife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 04:14 PM
    On-Site Requirements. LMFT
    I am pursuing a Master's Degree via distance learning (MA-MFT) to become licensed (LMFT). I'm interested in knowing if anyone is aware of any institutions that offer this program with anything LESS than 4 one-week intensives on site. I am interested in Christian Universities and am favoring Liberty University out of VA right now - but I'm open researching other schools.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Mar 2, 2008, 07:31 AM
    You don't need to seek a school that specifically offers a degree in MFT; the key is, know the requirements for the LMFT in the state(s) where you're seeking licensure and make sure you get the coursework and practica you need to meet those requirements. You can get an MA/MS in counseling, social work, or clinical psych and meet the MFT requirements via electives and making sure you have enough hours in your practica (and the right practica).

My MA in clinical psych is from a brick-and-mortar school, so I'm not familiar with online programs. If by intensives you mean on-site education, my guess is that these are required for the faculty to evaluate your suitability as a candidate. It's difficult to impossible to adequately evaluate nonverbal communication via email or the phone, so I would expect some face-to-face contact being required. I see you have small children: maybe for the intensives, you could get a family member or church member to accompany you to help with the children?

Here's a list of online Masters degrees in counseling. You also might contact the American Association of Christian Counselors to see if they have any recommendations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC requirements [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know what size AC unit I need for my home?

How can I randomise images in a site to be linked via html coding for another site? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am mesmerised. How do Flickr, mybloglog, Facebook and numerous other sites update their badges eberytime the information is updated? Someone told me it is done with js. I hava a wordpress.com blog, which means I am not allowed to use javascript there. So I have to link my images updated...

State requirements [ 2 Answers ]

Need licenses and bonding information on starting a cleaning business in Washington DC?

MD Requirements [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone here gone to med school with a non-science background? I have a BBA, and am wondering if I can do med school. Just want to hear what you guys think. Thx

View more questions Search