Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mustang0529 Posts: 252, Reputation: -1

Mar 1, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Is there a chance?
    I had to have an abortion July 31 because I went for an ultra sound and I was suppose to be 18 weeks when they told me I was only 14 an a half they had told me that there was something wrong with my baby.. that I would have miscarried no matter.. what but I wanted my baby more then anything.. as all of you should no that I was talking to on hear... it has now been over 4 weeks still no period.. but I wanted to no what are the chances that I could still be pregnant from that pregnany? Is there any chance that I could still be pregnant... has this ever happened to anyone?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 05:58 AM
    If you had an abortion then everything was pretty well cleaned out so there isn't much chance that you could be pregnant . There is considerable trauma during an abortion, and after. Your body has to adapt and settle into a new cycle. Just wait for normal menstruation to resume and try to relax.

Mar 10, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Is it possible to becomee pregnant on your period?
    The thing is I wanted to no if it is posible to become pregnant while on your period if you read my other post I had an abortion last month it was not something I wanted to do... but the doctor told me that the baby wasn't growing anymore and I was going to miscary they said if I were to have kept the baby any longer there could have been a problem with me.. but I just want to no if it is posible to become pregnant on your period.. especially after having the abortion??
    stormewhether Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Absofreakinlutely! YOu are so unbelievably fertile after having a baby or abortion! Google this and you will find story after story. Birth control is SO inexpensive and well worth it. Be very careful. Oh and you may not be on your period. It may be Post Partum bleeding you're experiencing. Either way, you can get pregnant.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Mar 10, 2008, 06:25 PM
    There is a possibility of getting pregnant anytime you have sex. Be very careful, talk to your doctor and find a sutible form of birth control that is right for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2008, 06:29 PM
    We could have an entire thread to discuss if it is really a abortoin if the baby is not alive and it is more of a D/C. But anyway, of course you can still become pregnant, if you are still having unprotected sex.

And did the doctor not say something about not having sex for a period after the procedure ?

If you are going to be having sex, you need to use some form of birth control if you do not wish to be prgnant
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 10, 2008, 06:50 PM
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I know from previous posts that you really want a baby. Having said that, the best chance for you to get pregnant and have a healthy baby is to wait for a period of at least 3 months after a D and C.

As to your question, yes you can get pregnant when you have your period, especially after your body has been through a traumatic event like yours just has.

If you still want a baby then please wait until your body is ready. Talk to you doctor.

Mar 10, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Thank you all so much!! Well its been a month since I had to have the D & C and I was bleeding for 2 weeks.. and then I just finally got my period on Friday! they said I would most likely get my period 4 weeks from the D&C but its been 5 weeks! That I got my period... they told me to wait at least a month to start having sex again! I just wasn't sure that it could be possible to get pregnant while on my period... but I guess anything is possible... but thanks for the advice everyone!!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 10, 2008, 08:46 PM
    I wish you all the best and Good luck. Take care.

Mar 12, 2008, 05:09 PM
    How long?
    As all of you guys no I had an abortion.. well a D&C.. I had my period already.. but for someone reason still having signs... how long should I wait to take a HPT after an abortion, miscarriage?? It has been now 6 weeks... so should my HCG levels have dropped by now..?
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 05:15 PM
    I don't know why, mustang, you keep asking this question. A D&C cleans everything right out and you are so clean that you can get pregnant quite easily again. Please ask your doctor these questions as he is best to explain it to you.

Mar 12, 2008, 05:28 PM
    I have heard of a lot of people getting pregnant.. like 2 weeks after the procedure.. so that's y I ask..
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 03:12 AM
    Yes that's very true. Your doctor should have told you that and precautions to take so that you would not have relations so soon after because the chances of pregnancy are increased after curretage (D&C). If you think you are pregnant get checked out by your doctor and don't rely on a home pregnancy test to find out.

Mar 13, 2008, 11:36 PM
    Could there be a possibility... that I could be pregnant again? And that a HPT could say negative... because I had taken 2 HPT.. they said negative but I was mainly checking to c if I had any HCG levels still in me but I guess I don't if they cam back negative!
    Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 02:51 AM
    HCG levels can't be detected with a home pregnancy test. It is found with urine and blood tests.

Mar 19, 2008, 11:01 AM
    How accurate?
    What is the most accurate HOME PREGNANCY TEST?
    fayzee11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 11:06 AM
    A doctor.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Most name brand hpt tests are pretty similar in their accuracy.

Many now come in packs of 2 so that you can take both just to make sure.

Some brands are e.p.t. first response, etc.
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

Mar 21, 2008, 06:40 PM
    There all pretty accurate

Mar 31, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Does anyone no?
    Does anyone no anything about implantation bleeding!? Please help me out hear!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there still a chance? [ 37 Answers ]

When two people break up because of circumstances, not because they lost feelings for each other. Is there a chance that they will get back together eventually? My boyfriend and I broke up because of circumstances, I tried to convince him out of it, but it has been so far unsuccessful. I told...

Ex wants another chance [ 3 Answers ]

I ran into my ex the other day. He has hurt me so many times I only just recovered six months ago. Now he is moving into town again and wants another chance. I really lyk him but I don't want 2 get hurt again. He says he has changed. I want to give him another chance but somewhere inside me I feel...

Any chance at all? [ 1 Answers ]

Two incidents during this time have got me worried a little. 1) One time me and boyfriend were rubbing against each other, though were both fully clothed, with at least 3-4 layers of clothing between us. I don't know whether he ejaculated or not, but later I got worried because his penis was...

Is there any chance? [ 2 Answers ]

Thoughts about implantation bleeding and when a test would show up.. MY last normal period was April 20th. My husband and I had sex on and off after then up to the 20th of May. My cycles are usually between 27- 28 days. Which would have made my cycle due May 18th. An my period starts very heavy...

View more questions Search