Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Savannah_1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 07:16 AM
    I would like to adopt a child.Is it possible if my husband is in prison?
    I have a long history of endometriosis and infertility. My husband and I have wanted to have a child for years and were going through infertility treatments. During the infertility treatments my husband got caught in the middle of something at work. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Our lawyer told us not to worry and that the evidence actually clears him as being involved... we'll much to everyone's surprise my husband went to prison and has been there for 7 1/2 years on a felony charge. He should be coming home this year. This week a friend of my aunts told her that she hates her 6 week old baby girl... she has 5 other kids and this child was an accidental pregnancy from a one night stand... she doesn't take care of the baby and this week the baby "fell off the sink" so she says and broke her jaw and had some other injuries... she was air lifted to a children's hospital. She now has the baby back but doesn't want her... my aunt told her my situation and she would be happy to let me adopt the baby. My husband is pressuring me really hard to do this even if I have to divorce him to do it... Is it possible for me to adopt this baby with him being in prison on a felony charge and if not is it possible for me to adopt this child as being single if I divorced him?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Adoption is a strange animal.

Laws vary from state to state, and from circumstance to circumstance.

Get a lawyer. Try to find one that specializes in adoption law. You're probably going to need one to get through the hoops of adopting this child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to adopt but my husband does not [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have a boy,and we are trying to have another but I really want a girl and all the children born on my husbands side of the family are all boys. My husband has all brothers the brothers all have boys and it dates back to my husbands great grandfather NO GIRLS AT ALL. My husband on...

Husband adopt my child? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in PA. Im not married yet & haven't had my child yet. I have one month to go. However, my x, who's child I'm pregnant with is a total dead beat. Him and I no longer speak with one another. Im in a very good relationship right now with a man I love and we have an apt together. Im on...

New husband wants to adopt my single-parent adopted child. [ 2 Answers ]

I adopted a baby 4 years ago as a single-parent adoption. There is no father on the birth certificate, just me as the birth mother. How can he adopt my son and have his name added to the birth certificate? Thank you!

My husband wants to adopt [ 2 Answers ]

I've been married to my husband for almost 2 years now and he wants to adopt my son from a previos relationship,how do we go about that?:)

Husband to adopt [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I aren't married yet, in August we are getting married, I have a son, he has a son and we are having a baby in June. We are concerned that my son will be confused that everyone has the same last name but him. Granted, his father has only seen him maybe 5 times in two years, I have...

View more questions Search