Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imkindablonde Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 03:51 AM
    I am 11 weeks pregnant, doctor says Im 12.5 though!
    I just went for my first scan and the doctor said I was 12.5 weeks pregnant. I know the day conceived so I know I am only 11 weeks. Is it possible for the foetus to be just large? I read somewhere that the foetus is able to take a growth spurt and this may cause it to look older than it is. Is this true? The consultant also has moved my EDD 1.5 weeks forward.. This is my first pregnancy and am so confused! Please help..

Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 04:10 AM
    With all you have to think about being pregnant and daily issues on top of that, I wouldn't worry about the size of the baby because you just had a check up and everything is fine. Be happy everything is going along just fine. When the time comes it will be amazing. Your calculation is only out a few weeks, and yes the feotus can have growth spurts.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Mar 3, 2008, 07:10 AM
    It is very possible that the baby is just big. At my first ultrasound I was 9 weeks, the baby measured the size of a twelve week fetus. This continued throughout my entire pregnancy, the baby measure 3 weeks bigger than my date. My doctor did not move my date, but I did have to go in for a C-section at 38 weeks due to the size, and now I have a 15lb 2 month old, he is just a big boy :) Anyway, as long as both of you are healthy and the doctor does not seem concerned, try to relax and just think, the doctor moved your date up 1 1/2 weeks, so that means you might get to meet your little one sooner than what you thought! Good Luck
    imkindablonde Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Thanks a million! That helps a lot! I am just nervous! Everything is so new etc! I like your point of view! I get to meet this little person sooner! A 15lb 2 month old... My god! You must be getting a full body work out having to lift the little man!

Both of us are very healthy the doctor says so please god! Fingers crossed!

Congrats to you and enjoy this exciting chapter of your life!

Take care...
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Mar 3, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Doctors don't count the day you conceived as the 1st day. They count from the first day of your last period. I know it doesn't make much sense, because you know you didn't conceive on the day your last period started, but that's just how they do it.
    curlyanne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 03:59 PM

My doctor says I am six weeks along but I think I am 7 1/2. Can this be correct?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

11 weeks pregnant, could the doctor be wrong? [ 6 Answers ]

OK I went to the doc they told me that I was 11 weeks and I am getting so biggg And I took 6 hpts and they either came back invald or negative up intill Sunday then it came back pos I have always been little and now I have a belly so can anyone help me and tell me what kind of questions to the...

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

8 weeks along tomorrow and doctor wants to do an ultrasound? [ 7 Answers ]

:D I went to my OB/GYN today for my first visit and we did the whole 9 yards... PAP test, blood work etc. My question follows this... she said that she wanted to do an ultrasound when I was 8 weeks (tomorrow) to see how big the baby is and see if the size matches up with my last period. One of my...

How to get pregnant w/o seeing a doctor? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I am 34 and trying to get pregnant, however found myself not ready to go to a doctor yet. Is there any way, me & my husband can try 1st before seeing an ob-gyn? At least a conventional way? We've been trying to get pregnant for more than a year now, by the way. Do you guys think...

HPT says I'm pregnant (lots of ?'s) -- can't see the doctor until after the holidays [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I was scheduled to get my period on Sat. Took two tests both said I was pregnant and then I took another last night and one more this morning. The first two were digital and said pregnant other two were lines and they were there. Last nights was a bit fainter but it was there. Guess I'm still...

View more questions Search