Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Mar 1, 2008, 01:02 AM
    Looking for 1962 Spokane Adoptee!
    01/26/62 dob, male, adoptee, Spokane,WA, have info 4U. I have your first name and agency name.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Mar 1, 2008, 04:56 AM
    statictable,
    Upon a browser search, I did find this link.
    GOODIN Adoption Registry Profile
    As well as others.
    It is possible that the adoptee may not know his birth state. Or even his real birth date. Or even know that he was adopted to begin with.
    For many who do not know if they were adopted or not, they still undergo some feelings of imagining they are different biologically within their family. Or a feeling of the possibilities of having genetic ties to a family or family member. Many adoptees do not find out they were adopted until one of their parents dies or both, for example.
    It is my hope that in the future, one could be able to trace their DNA without much difficulty. For those who just wish to be informed for specific reasons, such as filing out a health history form or researching biological ancestors, etc.
    Have you posted on adoption.com? Joined a search and support network? Tried a googlealert.com search? Join ISRR.com? Registered with the agency that you are aware of? If not, please do so. Even if it would just be a letter to put in that person's file, just in case one day their feelings change. Some of us, wish to know, while other do not. Sometimes, our feelings change through the years. Most of us adoptees flip flop on the idea of knowing their biological relatives. Mainly because of the many obstacles that are in place in searching to begin with. As well as the ramifications of their own personal purpose and possible outcome.

Mar 1, 2008, 05:19 AM
    I also found this:
    http://www.findme.org/index.cfm/theg...n=ViewRegistry
    At this site, you would probably have to contact the administrator of the board and ask them if there is a possible match, etc. Then they try to contact the original poster, if that person's email addy address is still active and their contact information still current- then there is a possible chance of first contact. Most of the administrators of these boards are experienced angels who will assist you. Some of them charge a fee, because it costs them to up-keep the board or their searching files, etc. While some charge outrageous fees and make the adoption community, rather pissed off. Yet, many do it for free. Because of their own belief systems and mainly due to wanting to help adoptees. And want to help out of the goodness of their sweet hearts.
    There is an organization that although I really don't like their name, called bastard nation.
    I don't like even considering myself to be a bastard. Although, some may or may not think so of me. Lol Because I have been loved and cherished all of my life, by my adoptive parents. And with my find, loved and missed, by my biological family- as well. So the name puts me off, to tell you the truth. But they are at: BASTARD NATION
    If they would just change their name, I probably would participate at the site. To tell you the truth.
    But this group- are strong advocates for enabling adoptees access to their VITAL records. Birth certificates, etc. And the ability of tracing biological health histories, etc. They are involved in the legal aspects for change. And strongly protest the unjust practices of Civil Rights issues of adoptees being unconstitutional.
    You may want to look into this further, or not. But just wanted to through out the stew and see if any cats lick it up? That saying came from 12 Angry Men- the movie. I like it, so I have been using it- lately. No pun intended.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Mar 1, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelSoNumbZombie
    statictable,
    Upon a browser search, I did find this link.
    GOODIN Adoption Registry Profile
    as well as others.
    It is possible that the adoptee may not know his birth state. Or even his real birth date. Or even know that he was adopted to begin with.
    For many who do not know if they were adopted or not, they still undergo some feelings of imagining they are different biologically within their family. Or a feeling of the possibilities of having genetic ties to a family or family member. Many adoptees do not find out they were adopted until one of their parents dies or both, for example.
    It is my hope that in the future, one could be able to trace their DNA without much difficulty. For those who just wish to be informed for specific reasons, such as filing out a health history form or researching biological ancestors, etc.
    Have you posted on adoption.com? Joined a search and support network? Tried a googlealert.com search? Join ISRR.com? Registered with the agency that you are aware of? If not, please do so. Even if it would just be a letter to put in that person's file, just in case one day their feelings change. Some of us, wish to know, while other do not. Sometimes, our feelings change through the years. Most of us adoptees flip flop on the idea of knowing their biological relatives. Mainly because of the many obstacles that are in place in searching to begin with. As well as the ramifications of their own personal purpose and possible outcome.
    Valuable information. Many thanks for your time in this search. statictable

Mar 7, 2008, 09:20 AM
    statictable,

You have a birth date and a first name at birth. Which if the child was an infant, his/her name would probably be changed by the adoptive family. If an adoption agency was used, it is very important to leave a confidentiality release statement if contact is wished or not. This releases the adoption agency of liability. And, the searcher will know your intentions and or request. Many birth mothers were not given full disclosure at the time. Neither were adoptive parents. It is my belief that an adult adoptee should be provided whatever information available. Especially, if they become parents themselves. The latter, usually makes an adoptee realize the ramifications of not knowing medical information and vital record information.

It is my hope that in the future, state officials recognize these ramifications of an adult adoptee not having access to their information. Laws that have been placed upon non-disclosure of vital information were made to protect the adoptee. Yet, non-disclosure of information was never intended and or explicit in the original adoption proceedings with the parents at the time in may instances.

Now an adult, I wish to make my own decisions as far as my adoption. My records. And have the abilities to contact or not. And chance acceptance, or not. It is a personal risk. One that was worth every moment for me. It is a personal decision to search, contact, find, reunite or no reunion. Each family is different. As so were the reasons for that adoption and separation to begin with. But for many adoptees, it is the wonder to know either way.

For me, I would have given anything to have known my brothers and sisters through the years. Mainly because of feelings of a lifetime of missing them. And knowing them now, has made such a significant difference in my life- as well as their lives.

They are undeniably- my siblings. And the revelations- biologically infinite.

With siblings, there is no one to blame or thank- if that is the personal choice within a search and find process. Not adoptive. Not biological. We are a family, whether through a DNA link or adoptive. That one- was not a personal choice.

But finding a personal reason to search or not to search is a choice. Either one, a commitment.

Other avenues of searching:
    Find a Friend - High School Military College Class Reunions
    Search People, Find Classmates, Find Friends, People Search - Reunion.com
    White Pages Phone Directory with Free People Search
    The Ultimates
    The Web's Largest People Search by Background Check, Public Records Search, E-Mail Address - Find People and Search Business at PeopleFinders.com
    Net Detective - New Lower Price on NetDetective
    Free People Search by ZabaSearch!
    www.netslouth.com
    Contacting the county court to open adoption records.
    Contacting the foster home for non-id information.
    Contacting your state officials for the ability to search for siblings through a sibling reunion registry, etc.
    Each state is different in these matters.

You don't have to join the paid sites. You can extract information, for later use if nec.

Just to name a few.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not an adoptee [ 9 Answers ]

I want to find my birth father but every website I got to they are talking about adoption but I have not been adopted I just want to find my birth father so can you refer me to a website that can find my birth father for free and its not one of those adoption sites

Artist--somewhere between 1959 and 1962 [ 9 Answers ]

There are many groups that sang "Gloria." One of my favorites is the Cadillacs. However, there was another version--late 50's or very early '60's---the same words, BUT the lead singer cries in the middle of it. Can anyone tell me the artist---most likely a group. Thank you.

View more questions Search