Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Feb 29, 2008, 09:25 PM
    My biggest fear
    My biggest fear is getting shots and blood taken. I have to face my fear every year or so but is there any way to stop me from almost hyperventilating. They always ask "and how old are you", but I am not doing it on purpose. Once I even passed out but it was only for about 3 minutes. I had this weird dream that bunches of grasshoppers were coming out of my mouth/. Anyway, how can I overcome this?
    nomatter Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Fear keeps us in the background. It convinces us we can never accomplish what we are after, tells us to keep quiet, it makes us weak. Fear has an unparalleled ability to freeze us in our tracks, and limit what we are willing to try. Fear makes us lead a smaller life. The things that we are afraid of may be different, but our reactions to fear are usually the same. Fear is not a bad thing. It exists for our protection as an early warning signal.
    Here are some following steps u can follow:
    1. Connecting with others. All fears, no matter how big or small are worse when we face them alone.
    2. Create Structure. Structure gives us a sense of security because we know what to expect. There is comfort in the familiar. If you take control of what you can, it will give you a good starting place from which to face the things you can't control.
    3. Learn relaxation techniques. Fear, left to grow can lead to some serious health problems. If your fears are having a physical effect on health, learning some relaxation techniques may help you to be physically ready to face the challenge ahead.
    4. Develop a spiritual life. They give us safety and familiarity and, more importantly, they give us a reason to hope.
    5. Face your fears. Finally, the last step is to actually face your fears. First, it is important to note that some fears are healthy and some situations should be avoided for your own personal safety. Facing your fears is a process.
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Mar 1, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nomatter
    Fear keeps us in the background. It convinces us we can never accomplish what we are after, tells us to keep quiet, it makes us weak. Fear has an unparalleled ability to freeze us in our tracks, and limit what we are willing to try. Fear makes us lead a smaller life. The things that we are afraid of may be different, but our reactions to fear are usually the same. Fear is not a bad thing. It exists for our protection as an early warning signal.
    here are some following steps u can follow:
    1. Connecting with others. All fears, no matter how big or small are worse when we face them alone.
    2. Create Structure. Structure gives us a sense of security because we know what to expect. There is comfort in the familiar. If you take control of what you can, it will give you a good starting place from which to face the things you can't control.
    3. Learn relaxation techniques. Fear, left to grow can lead to some serious health problems. If your fears are having a physical effect on health, learning some relaxation techniques may help you to be physically ready to face the challenge ahead.
    4. Develop a spiritual life. They give us safety and familiarity and, more importantly, they give us a reason to hope.
    5. Face your fears. Finally, the last step is to actually face your fears. First, it is important to note that some fears are healthy and some situations should be avoided for your own personal safety. Facing your fears is a process.
    That was deep^ and I will try it out. TY

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biggest SCAM of them all Lucida-DS [ 19 Answers ]

This is to warn these buyers of Glutathione from overseas, this includes my sister who have been scammed by this United Shelter Company from the Philippines. My sister has been ordering from the so called United Shelter of this so called Lucida-DS, promising her of skin whitening within 6-8 weeks,...

Biggest Diamonds? [ 6 Answers ]

What's the biggest recored diamon din the world? And how much is it worth? Curiousity!!

Biggest mistake of my life [ 139 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've been reading through the responses in here, and you all seem like really great people. I haven't found resolution to my situation so I'm hoping your insight could help me. My boyfriend of a year a half finally called it quits with me. We met only a week after I called...

Biggest dimond [ 3 Answers ]

What is the biggest diamond It is a planet

View more questions Search