Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DISCOLOREDFREAK Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 08:26 PM
    My face is brown and my body is yellow
    I'm an African American Black person with a bright complexion. After years of teen & adult acne (and sun damage), I was finally cured with Accutane. Well, I'm left with hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and keloids. No more acne, but I still have to deal with these three things.

My entire body is a beautiful bright yellow complexion (except my knees), but my face and neck is an uneven medium brown with small areas of yellow (under my eyes and above my eyebrows) that match my body. My face and neck has never been "brown." My neck has a bright yellow (my real complexion) line that goes directly across my dark neck. It's so embarrassing! I have no idea why this hyperpigmentation problem affects my face and neck only. It also darkened my top lip. My lips used to be bright pink (one still is) but not anymore.

It's not the sun that causing it either. I've spent summers in the sun, wearing tank tops and short shorts without any suncreen on my body and the color on my body doesn't even tan or get darker.

So why has this happened to me?

My condition was treated by a dermatologist four years ago (before accutane). My doctor prescribed me hydroquine 4% and alphahydroxy chemical peels. My complexion was even for the first time in years. But when I stopped, my face and neck got dark again and my body stayed the same (as usual).

Has anyone else gone through this? Hydroquine is dangerous when used for a long period. Will I have to use this for the rest of my life??

HELP!
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Mar 1, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Well, I have used hydroquinone because it is fast and gave the results I wanted. But it is a fact that if you stop using it, it makes you skin go back and it can even make you darker. You have to use sunscreen and advoid the sun as much as possible to keep those results. Why has the hydroquinone caused you to go darker? Did you stop using it?I have used this cream called tri-luma and it made me yellow again like my body.. Maybe you can use that stuff. It also causes the skin to peel but it does give you great results. According to some folks makari's products work really well. IT's for african american skin also. It doesn't have hydroquinone but instead it has natural ingredients like mulberry, licroice and other natural skin lighteners. YOu should look those products up aat makari.com I know some people don't trust the woe.com but I have used it and it does work... I am not trying to promote any of those products, just trying to tell you what has worked for me. I was like woe's stuff is a bunch of crap but I was wrong. I am so highyellow it's a shame but it world. I hope I helped... Oh and by the way, don't feel that way about yourself, I am sure there is something that will work. If you want so more help or have questions you can always pm me. HOPE I HELPED a little
    Ramirez85 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 04:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DISCOLOREDFREAK
    I'm an African American Black person with a bright complexion. After years of teen & adult acne (and sun damage), I was finally cured with Accutane. Well, I'm left with hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and keloids. No more acne, but I still have to deal with these three things.

My entire body is a beautiful bright yellow complexion (except my knees), but my face and neck is an uneven medium brown with small areas of yellow (under my eyes and above my eyebrows) that match my body. My face and neck has never been "brown." My neck has a bright yellow (my real complexion) line that goes directly across my dark neck. It's so embarrassing! I have no idea why this hyperpigmentation problem affects my face and neck only. It also darkened my top lip. My lips used to be bright pink (one still is) but not anymore.

It's not the sun that causing it either. I've spent summers in the sun, wearing tank tops and short shorts without any suncreen on my body and the color on my body doesn't even tan or get darker.

My condition was treated by a dermatologist four years ago (before accutane). My doctor prescribed me hydroquine 4% and alphahydroxy chemical peels. My complexion was even for the first time in years. But when I stopped, my face and neck got dark again and my body stayed the same (as usual).

Has anyone else gone through this? Hydroquine is dangerous when used for a long period of time. Will I have to use this for the rest of my life?!?!?!

HELP!

I have the same condition. My body is yellow, but my face is very dark!

I used makari, and my face became even with the rest of my body. 2 months after I stopped using it, my face went back to being dark again. I am going to use mono 10% to permanently even out the skin tone and make my face the same color as the rest of my body.

Mar 2, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Ramirez:

I beg you to PLEASE be careful with that stuff. For some people, it has solved their problem but with others It has messed their skin up worse than what they started with. Mono is used as for skin depigmentation not lightening. On ethinic skin, it doesn't gradually lighten but indeed whitens. NOt like skips shades, like brown, light brown, to yellow. IT's like brown to white and streaks in between. All I ask is to do some more researching. But, then again it just might work for you.

Mar 2, 2008, 11:17 AM
    I will be careful when I use it. I'll use it every 2 days with 10% mono.

Mar 2, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Thanks for the concern though

Mar 2, 2008, 07:18 PM
    No problem... I just don't want another person to get the negative side of mono. Umm, my I ask what's you ethnicity? Where are you getting mono from?
    Milla4u Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Do you use sunscreen? You should be using it every time you go out, and make sure you stay away from too much sun.

Check out this before and after pic of this black girl, she got REALLY light!

Mar 2, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDiamond
    No problem....I just dont want another person to get the negative side of mono. Umm, my I ask whats you ethnicity? Where are you getting mono from?

I am of East Indian. I want my face to become 2-3 shades lighter, so it can match the rest of my body. I look very disfigured :-(

I am getting mono from kais pharm

Mar 2, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milla4u
    Do you use sunscreen? you should be using it everytime you go out, and make sure you stay away from too much sun.

check out this before and after pic of this black girl, she got REALLY light!

Hi, may I ask what this girl used ?

Mar 2, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Can't see the before and after pic... :(

Mar 3, 2008, 05:51 PM
    I don't know what that girl used, I really want to know also. She is a member of that website and I think you have to join to send her a message.

Mar 3, 2008, 05:52 PM

Mar 3, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Weill I joined it one time in feb. and that website wasn't all that. Whenever I was looking up the before/after pictures They would give the sob story then it would get up to the part of saying what the product is then they blocked it out or didn't even mention the name. And I was signed in and everything. It was like the run around.:(

Mar 3, 2008, 06:09 PM
    I asked them why did they block it and they told me to ask the member because they cannot endorse a product which they don't approve... or soemthing like that.
    mellowkat Posts: 78, Reputation: 0
    -

Mar 3, 2008, 06:27 PM
    i asked them why did they block it and they told me to ask the member because they cannot endorse a product which they don't approve...or soemthing like that.

I don't think that website is legit

They are saying RIHANNA whitened her skin !

COME ON RIHANNA!!

Everyone know she has always had light skin even if you look at her younger pics

Also those pics have different lightening one is darker the other is in bright light

And if that person really did use a whitening product

Whatever she used the results are not drastic at all

She is still the same color/shade in the after pic

That website is a bunch of bull

SCAM!. NEXT... anyone else have any sites for me to review lol ?
    SunshineNY Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2008, 04:21 AM
    This website was recently built and from the start someone have been advertising it and collecting information from this site as well. I remember looking at the site a few times before one had to pay to just look at its contents. It's not worth it because if a product is good, eventually the word will come out because the manufacturers have to make money though word of mouth and or advertising we will find something out. We waste enough money as is on products.
    chrissie123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DISCOLOREDFREAK

Has anyone else gone through this? Hydroquine is dangerous when used for a long period of time. Will I have to use this for the rest of my life?!?!?!

HELP!
    Hey I went through exactly the same thing, I had acne in my teens and as I result the complexion on my face darkened and it got worse and worse to the point where my face was at least 3 shades darker then my neck, chest and the rest of my body which was quite embarrassing. At first I wouldn't use hydroqunine or other lighting products that they were unsafe but I recently started using makari caviar crème it's meant to be really effective an 100 percent safe. I only use it every 2-3 days it's really effective and seems to be working on the pigmented area. The only thing is that it can cause break outs but it's def the best thing to rectify a skin problem
    xiao wei23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 03:26 PM
    I got your problem too,
    Let me lkNow if you find something to restore your current skin tone,
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Aug 27, 2008, 08:44 PM
    LOL those are all different lighting and they only look a little brighter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small head, kind of big body, brown skin and panda eyes [ 4 Answers ]

OK. I have this little annoying sister. She has a small head for her body, she hates her skin color, and has really dark circles around her eyes. She is really annoying and complains about those things everyday. And I hate it. She is skinny but she has a little fat on her like on her, well...

How do I get rid of brown spot on my face [ 5 Answers ]

:rolleyes: I have this problem since I was 19 now am 34 , I wish I could do something good about it; I have tried many things but nothing seems to work for me, can somebody help me?

Regular contact, but no face to face [ 2 Answers ]

We dated a while, then he wanted to take a break from seeing each other, but maintained some contact (txt. Message, some calls), about four weeks ago, we began to date some again, and saw each other 3 times in 2 weeks, he makes some form of contact every day, but we haven't seen each other again...

Brown spots on my face. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, umm... so I'm writing this because my face is messed up. I have brown spots on my face. . I have no pimples or acne, I used to. But then they went away. All that's left are the brown spots on my face. What should I use to make the brown spots go away? Please help me out here.

View more questions Search