Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fightingcrest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Old medical bills affecting my credit.
    I have old medical bills on my credit report that are affecting my credit. I can't get a loan or a credit card. I don't make very much money but want to be able to remove this collections from my record. Someone told me that almost no one pays medical bills and that they go away but I want them gone now so I can get on with my life. Have a Fiancé who wants the same for me.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 08:26 PM
    I doubt that they'll just "go away." HAve they been turned over to a collection agency? Have you tried negotiating some sort of repayment plan with the provider of these medical services prior to them being turned over to collections? About the only thing you could possibly do is to deny the debt and ask the collection agency for proof of this debt. Meanwhile, advise the credit bureaus that you are disputing this debt, that it is unfounded and request that they remove it from your records pending verification by the collection agency.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Often one can work out deals to pay off medical bills, I normally get doctors and hospitls to settle for 1/2 of the balance after insurance pays.
    Sometimes even less. And this is without them even getting late.
    But there is no way to just "get them off NOW".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical bills [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my husband was hospitalized and I had out patient surgery. We have good insurance, but between the 2 of us, we have 9 different balances/co-pays coming in to pay in 30 days. We are not able to do this and are currently in bankruptcy. I want to send what I can each month to each...

Medical Bills [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 54 year old disabled person. I am currently receiving Social Security Disability and have Medicare A (B?) and D. It is the part not covered by Medicare that is killing me, I am now over $1400.00 in debt . There is no way I can ever pay even a little of this as , just to pay rent, food, gas,...

Sued over medical bills [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3500.00 in unpaid medical bills. These are currently in collections. I recently began making payments of 50.00 per month. I missed last month. Now they have demanded 500.00 per month. They will temporarily allow me to pay 250.00 per month for 3 months. I told them that would be impossible....

Medical bills [ 15 Answers ]

About a week ago my son was injured when a horseshoe hit him in the nose. He was standing slightly behind me, more on the side of me. We were standing about five feet form the peg in the ground, on the receiving end. His grandfather was the throwee and it richoted off the peg and around me and...

Medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Can A Collection Agency Sue Me For Medical Bills If It Is Already On My Credit Report?

View more questions Search