Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartbrokenangel88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 06:06 PM
    How to find out the real truth?
    Tonight I went to work, and was shocked to hear my floor manager take me aside and tell me that while my boyfriend has been away at the weekend he has slept with a girl and then his mate slept with the same girl straight after, obviously I was in a state of shock. She would not tell me where she got the info from other than the stockroom lads (who are friends with my boyfriend) whereas my floor manager detestes my boyfriend with a passion as she thinks he is lazy.

Basically we were going through a slight rough patch when he went away this weekend, which makes me thik maybe it is true, but he always said he would never ever lower his standards to a one night stand or sleep with a stranger, and I respected him for this as I would never do the same. I bought it up and he denyed it. Basically his story was that they met up with an ex of his whom which in the past he has slept with, then this weekend just gone, his mate too slept with this girl, although my boyfriend says he did not.

My manager was convinced the stock room lads were saying he was disgusting for sleeping with her than his mate, but what oh what do I believe.

Tonight my boyfriend has rang and rang and rang I didn't answer, I only wanted to speak by text, he didn't flip at me though which again makes me suspicious. He also swore on his mums, dads, sisters dogs, grandparents life that he never slept with her this weekend and I am the last person he slept with, I told him swearing on someone's life does nothing for me, but he said he could never say it unless he was speaking the complete truth.

I obviously want to beliebe him given gossip does grow at work and my manager could have twisted it given her hatred for him, but where is the profession in that.

Who do I believe, I'm struggling so so much!
    tashamarie80 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Feb 29, 2008, 07:15 PM
    It may or may not be true, I have had a friend tell me that my boyfriend hit on her, I have also been on the other side where my bf's friends told him I was flirting with this guy (not true, I asked the guy along with several other people (men and women) to go to another bar one night, that was pretty much it. I really don't know what to say for advice, my boyfriend and I are still together (its been 7 years) I think you should talk to him, give him the benefit of the doubt this one time. If you trust him and love him then maybe you can move past what may or may not have happened, if not, well then I'd move on
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Right now it only sounds like hearsay. Take it with a grain of salt. At least until you start getting more obvious signs (frequent mysterious phone calls that he doesn't want to discuss with you, a sudden drastic decrease in the amount of time he has to spend with you, etc.)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 07:51 PM
    It is gossip and your floor manager really had no business translating that piece of information to you. She heard it from someone who heard it from someone. Does not make it very reliable. If this did happen, it still not your floor manager's business.

You talk to your boyfriend and ask him. If you believe what he tells you, then it is taken care of. If you do not believe him and want to talk to this other guy and that girl, ask him. Take care of this the right way, not by listening to someone else who was not even there.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 29, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbrokenangel88
    tonight i went to work, and was shocked to hear my floor manager take me aside and tell me that while my boyfriend has been away at the weekend he has slept with a girl and then his mate slept with the same girl straight after, obviously i was in a state of shock. she would not tell me where she got the info from other than the stockroom lads (who are friends with my boyfriend) whereas my floor manager detestes my boyfriend with a passion as she thinks he is lazy.

basically we were going through a slight rough patch when he went away this weekend, which makes me thik maybe it is true, but he always said he would never ever lower his standards to a one night stand or sleep with a stranger, and i respected him for this as i would never do the same. i bought it up and he denyed it. basically his story was that they met up with an ex of his whom which in the past he has slept with, then this weekend just gone, his mate too slept with this girl, although my boyfriend says he did not.

my manager was convinced the stock room lads were saying he was disgusting for sleeping with her than his mate, but what oh what do i believe.

tonight my boyfriend has rang and rang and rang i didnt answer, i only wanted to speak by text, he didnt flip at me though which again makes me suspicious. he also swore on his mums, dads, sisters dogs, grandparents life that he never slept with her this weekend and i am the last person he slept with, i told him swearing on someones life does nothing for me, but he said he could never say it unless he was speaking the complete truth.

i obviously want to beliebe him given gossip does grow at work and my manager could have twisted it given her hatred for him, but where is the profession in that.

who do i believe, im struggling so so much!

Don't fret my friend as the other post said it can be hearsay, but you know what anything that's done in the dark will always come to light... so if he is lying you bet that it will come out eventually, in the mean time its hard to make accusations based solely on hearsay, but you will definitely feel when something isn't right... Deep in your abdomen you will feel that uncomfortable feeling... that he is not being honest.. a lot of people neglect their intuition or insticts... the best way to get this resolve is through communication with the your boyfriend...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 01:13 PM
    When told juicy news consider, the source, but stay alert and pay attention. He has denied it, so leave it alone. Basing trust on gossip, and inuendo, is a fools game, so with no proof, no action is to be taken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to find my real mother I was adoped into a family as a baby [ 2 Answers ]

I was adopted into a family as a baby I am now almost 50 and I want to know my real family my adoptive fathers name is jim collins and I don't have money to spend on this online stuff is there anyone that can tell me how I can find them for free my name is leanna jeanette collins I don't know my...

I want to find my real parents? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to find my real mom and dad how could I do that? I really want to meet them.:confused: :)

I need to find my real father! [ 1 Answers ]

I want to find my real father. I have not had contact with him since 2004. The only thing is that I don't have any money to do this so I need a free site to find at least an address or a phone number. :confused: :confused:

Where to find real estate notes [ 1 Answers ]

I am intrested in realestate but I don't have the time or the money to devote to rental properties etc. I have heard Of brokering these realestate notes but where do you find them? Thank you ...

View more questions Search