Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butterflyforever Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Feb 29, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Atrophic Gastritis
    I have horrible Gastritis... burping all the time just a lot of acid I have tried every acid medicine out there to no relief and changing my diet.. is there anything Im missing or anything someone knows I can do.. before I get worse and worse and then some sort of stomach cancer. Im interested in alternative medicines too!

Feb 29, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Atrophic Gastritis
    What can I take for Gastritis very chronic case of it... I burp a lot and just the whole nine yards... Im interested in all alternative medicines that have helped someone and esp indian ayveredic medicines.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 05:40 PM
    These foods are suppose to be good for that

Coconut water is an excellent remedy for gastritis. It gives the stomach the necessary rest and provides vitamins and minerals. The stomach is greatly helped in returning to a normal condition if nothing but coconut water is given during the first twenty-four hours.

Rice gruel is another excellent remedy for acute cases of gastritis. One cup of rice gruel is recommended twice daily. In chronic cases where the flow of gastric juice is meagre, such foods as require prolonged vigorous mastication are beneficial as they induce a greater flow of gastric juice.

Potato juice has been found valuable in relieving gastritis. The recommended dose is half a cup of the juice, two or three times daily, half an hour before meals.

Also eat foods that balance your PH

Lesson 18 - Acid - Alkaline Balance--eat foods in the green lists

This site has the native ayveredic meds. I don't know enough about them yet, I have only been reading up on them a little bit

Herbal Remedies and Natural Remedies for ADD ADHD Anxiety and More

Feb 29, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Now where on earth do u get coconut juice and the other items.. sorry if a dumb question but I don't know any of them. Can u link me?
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 06:32 PM
    This is the basic recipe I found
    Recipe 72583 --- Congee - Rice Gruel: Rice Chinese China Asian Oriental Chinese

Where I live many grocery stores have coconut everything. Also Whole Foods and Trader Joe's

Maybe you could find some recipes here

recipes for gastritis - Google Search
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Fresh cabbage juice, need a good juicer
    1234AAA Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Feb 29, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Sometimes it turns out that we are allergic to our favorite foods. Food allergies could be the cause.

Feb 29, 2008, 09:43 PM
    What could be an offending food... I was tested for hpolyri and don't have it.. I have had gastritis a year now though this is pretty chronic.
    jennyrena Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Feb 29, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Do you ever get really bloated or have a lot of pain on the right side of your body. Like under your right rib cage or even your back? If so I have recently learned that your gallbladder causes the burping and other symptoms that I mentioned. If not then I'd try nexium if you haven't already and if you will eat slowly and sit up straight when you eat. I've also heard the old wives tale that if you will wait until after you eat to drink your food will digest better, but I wouldn't know that to be a fact.

Mar 1, 2008, 08:44 AM
    What could be an offending food... I was tested for hpolyri and don't have it.. I have had gastritis a year now though this is pretty chronic.

The offending food could be almost anything.

I have IBS, and GERD, with horrible reflux, gas, burping and severe abdominal swelling. A simple blood test showed that I was allergic to cow's milk, which like most people, I have been drinking my whole life. I was also allergic to brewer's yeast and baker's yeast, (which lurks in almost everything). In addition, I was also allergic to lobster, crab, shrimp, green peppers, oats, and avocado. Your trigger food could be one you eat every day. Good luck.

Mar 1, 2008, 08:58 AM
    jennyrena

Do you ever get really bloated or have a lot of pain on the right side of your body. Like under your right rib cage or even your back? If so I have recently learned that your gallbladder causes the burping and other symptoms that I mentioned. If not then I'd try nexium if you haven't already and if you will eat slowly and sit up straight when you eat. I've also heard the old wives tale that if you will wait until after you eat to drink your food will digest better, but I wouldn't know that to be a fact.

I suffered from right lower quadrant pain my whole life. Believe it or not I was actually operated on 3 times in attempts to diagnose my condition. They said I had abdominal adhesions, but the underlying cause of the pain was gas. The gas was caused from my food allergies. I take Nexium every morning, and sometimes at night if the reflux is too bad. Atrophic Gastritis I believe is a muscle problem. The muscles in your digestive tract do not properly move the food through. If she has that, she should see a physician. There are medications such as Wellbutrin, Propulsid, and others than can help her with this problem. However, if she is only looking for homeopathic remedies, she should stick with foods that are natural laxatives, which should help move the food through rather than making it come back up.
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Avoid these foods:
    * Alcohol, black and red pepper, chilies, chili powder, and hot peppers often irritate the stomach lining. Foods with caffeine can increase the amount of stomach acid. These foods include coffee (regular and decaf), teas, colas, cocoa, chocolate. Avoid or limit these items if they cause you pain.

* Limit your intake of tomatoes, tomato juice, peppermint, fatty foods, and citrus juices. If they cause heartburn or pain in your esophagus. You may need to limit seasonings such as onions, garlic, cinnamon, and cloves if they upset your stomach.

Notice what you eat and how it effects your stomach.
    Like every time I eat fried chicken my gastritis bothers me more.

Mar 1, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Is there a way to test for food allergies?
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2008, 12:43 PM
    The best way short of going to the doctors is to become more aware of how you feel after eating certain types of food. Like sluggish, bloated, nauseous,.

Mar 1, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Right.. I am seeing a gastro doctor but.. he just throws meds at u... one reason I don't like them. Im going to go herbal route on this I think and watch the foods closer and continue to work out.
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Main thing is you have to get your digestive system balanced.
    Eat healthy
    Fiber if you aren't allergic to wheat and grains
    Eat yogurt or take probiotics.
    Papaya, pineapple and clear sodas are good for upset stomachs.
    Digestive enzymes are excellent.
    Avoid sugar as much as possible.
    I also use sea salt to help my stomach.

HPS Health - Juicing for COLIC, DIABETES, PANCEATITIS, GASTRITIS, CIRRHOSIS, HEPATITIS, OBESITY. ULCERS.

Mar 1, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Thanks!
    grandee Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 9, 2008, 04:41 AM
    Test answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search