Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Feb 29, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Is there a natural substance for bradycardia?
    My wife, aged 70, has arrithmia & bradycardia. Her at-rest pulse rate is about 60, but when she begins to exercise, it drops to about 48 instead of increasing properly. When placed on a stress test, she was not able to get her reart rate up to 110. Because of an intermittent skip in her pulse, she was given toprol. That eliminated the skip, but seems to further slow the beat. She tires and gets "winded" very easily. I think that her circulation is too slow to get oxygen to her cells properly. Does anyone know of any natural substance that she could try that might speed her heart up a little? I've looked at some web sites without success. Of course, I only have dial-up, so it takes a lot of time to surf.

Thanks for any information.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 06:23 PM
    IS the only medicine she takes Toprol?

I have low blood pressure, semi low pulse and I have a hard time with catching my breath
    Too and I am not sure what to do about it either. I have a feeling it is due to cellular oxygen too.

The only thing so far that I have been told to do for it
    Eat healthy snacks between meals.
    Use sea salt, Himalayan salt or Celtic salt instead of table salt.

For cellular energy also
    Do not use artificial sweetener either.
    Do not use tap water. -I buy the 2.5 gal. Polar water
    Do not use the microwave
    Eat lots of fruits, berries and vegetables
    Omega fatty acids

Other than that read up on these things I don't know if any or all of these would be what she needs.

Enzymes,
    Enzymes / Digestive Enzymes / Enzyme Supplements

Amino acid complex
    Amino Acids and Best Bet Foods

Superfood Nutrition

I think the best thing would be for her to find a good nutritionist or a good alternative dr
    To check what nutritients she may be low on. That is what I plan on doing in a couple months when I have the time and money. I would go with testing by blood and N0T hair analysis.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Feb 29, 2008, 07:19 PM
    She takes toprol & Synthroid, blood pressure in normal range (usually). Also taking Twinlab Daily One, extra E, glucosamine, Omega 3-6-9, lysine, & calcium citrate. I think that's about it. We eat the same foods, but my energy level is pretty good for my age.
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Apr 7, 2008, 02:03 PM
    For the purpose of you wife's health, I strongly advise you or her to talk to her Physician or Pharmacist about reducing the dosage of her medicine. Troprol XL is a Beta-blocker. Beta-blockers are somewhat out dated, but some Physician's still use them to treat high blood pressure. The most common complaints from people using these drugs were dizziness and fatigue. The down side of these drugs, however, is that they can actually lead to cardiac failure by over-depressing the ability of the heart to contract.

Additionally, beta-blocker can cause serious arrhythmias, themselves, and may worsen blood vessel problems that reduce circulation to the extremities. Like all drugs that are prescribed to lower blood pressure, beta-blockers can easily send blood pressure in the other direction, causing hypotension, or low blood pressure. Symptoms of hypotension include dizziness when standing, sweating, and fatigue.

Because of the age of your wife (70) and medications of today being so powerful, most people over the age of 50 are at higher risk of diminished liver function and kidney function. In addition, reapportionment of fat and lean body tissue changes drug distribution. Therefore multi supplements are not recommended. They may cause for your body to work harder to metabolize them. The only vitamin that are essential, are those that are received by food intake In daily recommended dosages.

Hope this answers your question!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Omega is good. vitamin E may not be good because it can thin the blood too much.
    CoQ 10 might be something she should take because heart, blood and cholesterol medicines
    Deplete the bodies natural ability to produce C0 Q10.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is the density of a substance. [ 4 Answers ]

Why is the density of a substance independent of sample size?

Unknown substance [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone... my question is : Review the processes by which an unknown white crystalline substance seized by the police could be identified. Any help is much appreciated.. thank you!

Glowing substance [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hello, I was curious to know whether there is a substance that if walked upon Is able to light up briefly during and after the foot is on it, I'm researching for an art project and am sure there is something that is capable of this e.g. ;like those bracelets that glow fluorescent if...

View more questions Search