Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pkcop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Evicting a relative
    What is the process for evicting a relative (child over 18 or other adult family member) who does not pay any rent nor has any ownership rights. You just want them out of the house.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 29, 2008, 09:19 AM
    This depends on your area. Some areas would just allow you to pack up their things and place them outside then change the locks. Others would require a formal eviction process.

I would give them a time frame to move out and warn them if they aren't out by then, you will pack up their things and put them in a storage facility for which they will be billed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non relative custody [ 1 Answers ]

I have been asked to take custody of two boys whose mother passed away do you know if I would be able to get any financial help through the state for these boys who have no family

Relative motion [ 1 Answers ]

A swimmer wishes to cross a 500m wide riverflowing at 5Km/h.. His speeed with respect to water is 3km/h.The man wishes to reach directly opposite to his starting point but he reach some wherere else on the opposite shore and he has to walk to that point.. Find the minimum distance that he has to...

Non-relative children [ 1 Answers ]

Need Help: my girlfriend and her 3 year old have been living with me since last Feb. and last year his real father claimed him on his taxes (eventhough he doesn't live with him) I am the only person who works in the household. Do I have the 1st right to claim the child on my taxes. His father...

Relative abundance [ 1 Answers ]

How do I work the relative abundance of Gallium

Eviction of a relative, FL [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Hopefully someone can answer my question. My father is 70 and my adult sibling is living with him, she refuses to pay rent or help around the house. He has asked her to move out on numerous occasions but she refuses, she has told him that if she stays in the house for 24 hrs. straight...

View more questions Search