Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessehubbart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Moving drain hole in a shower
    I am replacing a tub with a shower pan, the hole needs to be moved 14 inches. This is a slab foundation. Thanks Jesse
    clanmac Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Feb 29, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Jackhammer the floor and move plumbing, once in position refill hole and the new shower should cover repair to floor. A bit more prep is req but that is the way you have to do it, you don't mention if you are going to do it yourself or have plumber do it for you.
    Best of luck on the project, keep us informed on what you do.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Jesse, did you know most companies that make shower pans have a special one for swapping a shower for a tub. I use Swanstone quite a bit and they call their a retro. Swanstone Shower Floor - Veritek - Shower Tray - FR-3260R 32 D x 60 W

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving a Toilet to an exsisting shower drain? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My wife and I are planning a Bathroom remodel and we would like to move the toilet from its exsisting location across the room where the shower is now located. Our house is built on a concrete slab. Is it possible to install a toilet on the same drain. If not can I extend the drain from...

Moving a shower drain in the basement. [ 1 Answers ]

We are moving the drain in our shower so that we can install a prefab shower. We already have the cement dug up. What size and what kind of piping do we need to use for this drain?

Moving shower drain in basement floor? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to move a shower drain in the basement floor. I am doing a remodel in my basement and the shower drain will have to be moved. I was wondering what the best way to remove the concrete is, and then the best way to make the repair. Thank you Thanks for the help. So should I...

Moving a basement shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am renovating my basement bathroom, and would like to move the shower drain over by about 50". The current drain comes out of the concrete floor. It is a 2-1/4"diameter drain pipe that is surrounded by a 5" diameter pipe with concrete around the outer pipe. I am planning to install a...

Shower weep hole drain turned into tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my shower to a roman tub. The existing drain is a weep hole drain. Is there a plug for these type of drains? The idea is to use the same drain system and hot mop, tile, etc. around it.

View more questions Search