Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moshwan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Identify old 80's anime movie
    Hey guys, I'm not a huge anime fan, but recently I've been getting these flashes of memory of an old anime movie I used to own on VHS when I was 6 or 7. I doubt it's a very good film but it holds quite powerful memories of when I was a nipper so I'd love to locate it.

I can remember quite a lot of facts but the name completely escapes me and my google-fu is apparantley weak.

Here goes :

The story features a female robot of some kind, possibly a cyborg, who can transform/shapeshift into a weird flying kind of thing. She has red/orange colouring and blonde hair.

The film opens with fetus' being produced in a lab of some kind.

The main protagonist is a young male, possibly part of some kind of academy.

A fist fight takes place at some point in a very dark and dramatically lit room.

Other characters include a short, belligerent old guy, kind of like an old prospector, and also some small, weird alien thing that's body is like a cubic block of swiss cheese. Arms and legs pop out of the wholes therein.

The films finale takes place either in a volcano or on a planet that is exploding.

The main antagonist redeems himself at the end, after being blinded.

The film ends on a beach with the female robot being reincarnated into a real woman and the male protagonist being reincarnated as a baby.

The box for the VHS was primarily yellow with red or possibly orange lettering for the title.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Feb 29, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Sounds like Phoenix 2772 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    soulrippa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 02:14 PM
    AWSOME!! I´ve been searching for this movie for years! Thanks and greeting from Germany.

Soulrippa
    pulsartom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Hello All!
    I would like to ask about an anime from the 80's too.It starts with a scene in a school with some boys, talking about the holiday.Later, they are on a tree, watching the sky with telescope, and noticing an UFO crash.They go to the crash site and helping the pilot and the crew out.They travel through space to the princess's home, and there is the king and a space ship with a Santa Maria ship's outline (sail is a bit weird for a spaceship :)).In the end they get back to Earth.
    The hungarian title translated to english is like that: Planet of children, but I think it is not the proper title.It was dubbed in german language and the hungarian was overdubbed :)
    disdaimona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 02:11 PM
    Hi! I have these flashes of an old 80s I think manga movie about two citys that had some kind of vendeta.the first city was responsible for big dams that could destroy the valley where the two citys where.. there was a young princess that fell in love with the son of the enemy city.. she killed him then committed suicide and someone destroyed the two citys... this movie scred my childhood... hihi

And another manga movie between 80s and 90s about a daughter of a king that was kidnapped by a winter or ice prince mage... killed her two brothers who claimed her and idont rememper the rest.. it was quite epic and she looked like druna the cartoon.. anyway thanks for help...
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 05:18 AM

"hi! i have these flashes of an old 80s i think manga movie about two citys that had some kind of vendeta.the first city was responsible for big dams that could destroy the valley where the two citys where..there was a young princess that fell in love with the son of the enemy city..she killed him then committed suicide and someone destroyed the two citys...this movie scred my childhood"

Sounds like,.

Windaria
    a.k.a. Once Upon a Time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Anime (Greek Mythology) Movie? [ 3 Answers ]

When I was a kid (80s) I seem to remember an anime movie at a video rental shop that was centered around a kid or character with wings on his feet (much like Greek Mythology character Hermes) and it seems that he ran into a myriad of Greek Mythological characters - Medusa, etc... as he traveled...

Manga or anime movie - 80's or 90's [ 1 Answers ]

My question is concerning a movie that could very well be a Manga or anime full length film. I had to of been about 8-10 years old (in my early 20s now) It was a cartoon for sure. It was about a young boy who lived under water and was in love with a princess (I think) and he couldn't be...

Some 80's anime movie, with castle or labrynth [ 2 Answers ]

The characters would become trapped and turned into blocked parts, like their feet and hanging ears? Like dice on a rearview mirror. They were inside a castle and or labrynth. And I think there were stairs upside down. I know it was an 80's because I was young. Please help if possible.

Japanese anime movie [ 2 Answers ]

Someone told me of a movie he bought in Japan called Dragonball Alter-Verse and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could go or what I could do to find this movie to either watch it or buy it?

80's anime? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to find out the name of an anime movie/TV show I saw as a child. I vaguely remember that it was fantasy style, about a girl with wings and a boy. She became leader of her people when she and the boy became one body when the stars or planets were in a certain alignment, and they...

View more questions Search