Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AndersAA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 07:33 PM
    The Garraty Company has two bond issues outstanding. Both bonds pay $100 annual inter
    The Garraty Company has two bond issues outstanding. Both bonds pay $100 annual interest
    plus $1,000 at maturity. Bond L has a maturity of 15 years, and Bond S a maturity of 1 year.
    a. What will be the value of each of these bonds when the going rate of interest is (1) 5 percent,
    (2) 8 percent, and (3) 12 percent? Assume that there is only one more interest payment
    to be made on Bond S.
    b. Why does the longer-term (15-year) bond fluctuate more when interest rates change than
    does the shorter-term bond (1-year)?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 04:02 AM
    Is this a homework question? If so, please read the information on the following link. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/math-s...-b-u-font.html

Read this first: Expectations for the Homework Help board
    Do not simply retype or paste a question from your book or study material

We won't do your homework questions for you.
    You were given the assignment for you to learn.

If you come up with your own answer and post it for us to critique that is within reason.

If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that.
    But this is your assignment, so show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Thank you.
    rabia khalid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2012, 03:22 AM
    part a answers for bond L are 1519, 1171, and 864 and for bond S 1047, 1019 and 982
    part b answers according to me is that the value of long term bond fluctuate more when interest changes because of time value of money concept..
    I want to confirm the ans for part b
    rabia khalid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2012, 03:26 AM
    art a answers for bond L are 1519, 1171, and 864 and for bond S 1047, 1019 and 982
    part b answers according to me is that the value of long term bond fluctuate more when interest changes because of time value of money concept..
    I want to confirm the ans for part b

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pay Day Loan Outstanding - Toronto, Ontario (CANADA) [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I wonder if someone can guide me to the right direction. I live in Toronto, Canada and I took out a pay day loan for $700. On the my payday I was supposed to pay it back but due to some financial reason I could not pay it back. They want $1200 now. It has been 5 months and till now they have...

Company won't pay me [ 11 Answers ]

I worked for a small company out of my state. The deal was, I would keep track of my time, faxed them my time sheet, and they would mail me a check. This was in June of 2007. I have been going back and forth and back and forth arguing... pretty much, at first, it was a huge misunderstanding as...

CPU Usage 100% and Windows Shut Down Issues [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! I'm studying abroad and need to fix my computer asap. I have a Windows XP SP2 machine and have been having a few problems. The first is that CPU usage has been at 100% for the past few days. Also, for about a week I have not been able to shut down my computer without manually hitting...

View more questions Search