Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JangoP Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 03:11 PM
    All in one utility box...
    I am looking for some kind of network device that would serve as a Router, print server Wireless access point and be able to handle T1 or fractional T1.

Anyone heard of anything like this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2006, 07:27 AM
    Not for a T1. There are some like that for Cable or DSL.

Jan 28, 2006, 11:09 AM
    Dang, well I suppose you could just get a T1 router and hook it up to the nic.

Thanks anyway!

Jan 28, 2006, 05:47 PM
    Why would you want to go for a T1? At the cost compared with broadband it may not be very cost effective.

Jan 30, 2006, 08:00 AM
    T1 is a requirement for what I'm doing. I am installing a remote site with 20 or 30 users connecting to a remote Citrix box. I really thought Cisco would have something like this, but I didn't see anything on the web site...

Jan 30, 2006, 08:36 AM
    I would talk with Citrix about whether the T1 is needed or not.

But I do believe you will need a router to connect into the local authentication server. You can then run a WAP from a switch connected to the router.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing utility sink [ 1 Answers ]

I will be removing a utility sink and cabinet and will not be replacing it. My question revolves around the drain coming out from the wall.The water lines have shut off valves which will remain in place in case the utility sink were to be needed at a later time so they are not the issue. Can I...

Adding a utility sink [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning on adding a utility sink to my laundry room, I was planning on tapping into the water lines and drain to the washer. I have not opened up the wall yet so I don't know the exact configuration of the drain, but my question is if I run the sink drain of off the drain from the washer...

Password utility for excel [ 4 Answers ]

There was a utility ( I think MS provided it) for forgotten passwords in excel. I have some spreadsheets archived from some very early xl days, (office pro 97) Is there a way to open these spreadsheets if the password is lost ?

Installing a utility tub [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I want to install a utility tub in my laundry room. My question is, can I tee the tub drain into the washer drain stack? I really don't want to run a separate drain pipe all the way to the main stack ( about 30ft). About the house; single story, crawl space, laundry room at back of house,...

View more questions Search