Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    popito Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Name on the deed not on the note, will it affect my credit
    I bought an expensive parcel of land with 2 partners. The property is on short sale right now, only 1 partner's name is on the mortgage/note, the other 2 are just on the deed via quit claim. However, all 3 of us got served by the court. Are we responsible for the mortgage/note, though our names are not on it? What happens if it doesn't sell and forecloses, will it affect the 2 partners that are on the deed and not the mortgage/note? Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Since you decided to quit claim to the deed ( most likely in violation of the terms of the loan) Next if you are being served for foreclosure it is not in short sale, short sale is where you sell it for less and the mortgage company accepts that.

But for the lender to take legal ownershiip of the property, they have to sue all of the people listed on the deed. You should have quit claimed it back to the other owner prior to the foreclosure.

Since you are a party to a foreclosure, it is possible it will hit your credit report
    popito Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Thank you for your reply, I think I will have to speak with a lawyer soon to be sure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Affect of Foreclosure on credit [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a new home and have been trying to sell my old home 2 years. I have tried renting it, but the renters don't pay and I have had to spend money in court evicting them. It is getting to the point where it will be difficult for me to pay for both houses. Should I just let the house...

How does a 1099c affect my credit? [ 6 Answers ]

If I work out a settlement amount with a credit card company and they issue me a 1099c on the difference, how does this negatively affect my credit?

Collecting on a Default Note, 2nd Deed [ 1 Answers ]

How do I collect on a default 2nd Deed note that was due, pay in full plus interest, September 2006? I need to manipulate this situation to get the owner to fulfill his end of the bargain. This was a Bridge Loan for 90 days, secured by a 2nd Deed and comes with additional late fees. We are...

Foreclosure process and affect on credit [ 1 Answers ]

I am current on my mortgage payments however, my supportive income has been lost due to our separation. We were not married and his name was not on my home loan. I have attempted to sell the house in the past with no luck. I'm raising my children alone and it will be a true struggle to make the...

Does wife's credit affect mine? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has $5880 in credit card debt that has been turned over to collections. Do I have to worry about the debt affecting my credit? Will a judgement affect me? How likely is it that the company will sue? Can the company go after our joint checking account? How about a joint CD? I live in...

View more questions Search