Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terra1988 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Brown discharge on and off two days, light pink spotting a few days, now light brown
    OK, I was due for my next depo January 3rd at the latest and didn't get it, so I have been detoxing since. Well I thought I was getting my first period on February 13th when all this started. From day one the bleeding didn't look right the color was just off it was more brownish black with a hint of pink. I bled until about 6pm that day and it just stopped! Same went for the next day, I started in the morning and it stopped around 1pm. For the next couple of days I had a light pink discharge, but only noticed it when I wiped. I didn't even need to use a pad. Then it turned to light brown spotting and as of yesterday February 27th it got a normal flow to it and got darker because it was mixing with the light pink color to where I could use a pad but I still wasn't that much. I am still bleeding and I'm on day 15! A few days before I started my breasts were feeling swollen, so I thought it was because I was well ready for a period, but then when I started the swelling was getting worse. My nipples started hurting and getting very tender, but it's an on and off feeling. Also, I'm getting heartburn for no reason what so ever I'll just wake up at two in the morning with horrible heartburn. I'm talking you could throw up heartburn if you don't drink something to put the fire out. I'm getting on and off bloating/feeling full in my stomach and weird cramps, there not like my normal menstruation craps. The're expanding type cramps, with just plain soreness. I don't know how else to explain it. I thought that maybe I could be pregnant so I took a First response test on the 27th but it came back negative so I have no idea what's going on with me!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2008, 12:37 AM
    Home pregnancy tests aren't always 100% accurate. I would take another one if I were you. (I hear its best to take it first thing in the morning). If the results of the next test are negative and you're still having these symptoms I would see a doctor.

Feb 29, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Well if I was should I be bleeding for this long, I mean it's light and it kind of sounds like implantation bleeding, but I don't think its sappose to last 16 days or more like I'm currently going through? Plus I was on the depo shot for 6 months and then stopped taking it, so maybe this is all just side affects?
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2008, 05:03 PM
    It could be. When I switched because pills my cycle got really off for a few months and I felt like I was bleeding for a full month. So it could be hormones. But the heart burn and other symptoms seem unusual for ending hormonal because, not things I've ever heard associated with it. It can't hurt to take another test and/or check in with your dr. always better safe than sorry
    thetomb9 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Sounds exactly like what is going on with me. I mean the cramps the sorness of breast, even if I laid on them it hurts. Some told me that it could be a scraping that I need. But never really went to doctor to find out. If you do find out what it is please keep me up to par. Thanks

Mar 3, 2008, 06:37 AM
    K, Well I'm ganna take another test March 13th cause that's a whole month from when this all started, and I'll take it in the morning. I stopped bleeding yesterday night, but it's spotting light pink occasionaly today. I haven't even had to use pads the past couple of days, and the heartburn has stopped. I discovered Coffee was one of the colprets. I have no idea why Coffee would do that, but it is. That's coffee with no sugar or milk, just black. For the most part my breasts feel so much better but now I get an occational pinching sensation. Not like a herting pinching but just an okward one in my nipples. And yesterday I started getting a metal taste in my mouth. It was like I had sucked on coins all day. But if the test comes back negative I will go to the doctors if my syptoms persist. And let you know what they say is going on.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Mm, coffee can do that because it's acidic.
    thetomb9 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 04:13 PM
    I about that pinch sensation. Except I don't get it in my breast I get it in my upper back. And I do drink coffee, but I have mine with milk and sugar. I know one time I found a bump in my breast Iwent to the doctor and he told me that it could be the caffeine intake so he had me get off the coffee etc. then the bump went away. Now my breast feel more like pregnancy. But I am not pregnant. I have a doctors appt. this month also, yikes and what I find out I will share with you. Thanks Renee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

5 weeks 2 days pregnant and brown spotting [ 13 Answers ]

Hi guys! Thanks for all of the well wishes after the good news came. I am having some discharge... old brown blood mixed with mucous... very light. It isn't constant. I'll have it for a day or two and then nothing for three or four days. Had my blood drawn today for the full prenatal screen...

No period, pinkish brown spotting for 11 days [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have not gotten my period this month but have been spotting. The last time I had my period was 36 days ago and it was normal (6 days long).This month I began spotting just a day or two before my expected period due date. The spotting is pinkish brown/light red with no flow to it. The spotting...

Brown discharge light spotting after Period [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so I had my period this last week and I just started a new BC Pill called Cryselle after I had beenon Seasonqiue for sometime. But now its been a couple days after my period and I had VERY LIGHT brown discharge and then tonight I noticed some spotting when I wiped. What could this be? Just...

Brown discharge 5 days before normal flow [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, for about one year now my period starts in its regular time but as brown discharge for5 to 6 days then as normal flow for another 5 days this month I was under fertility treatment and my period was late one day from due date and the next day I see brown discharge very slight only when I wipe...

View more questions Search