Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scoobyjan3 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Rash on face
    My daughter has developed a rash on her face which is itchy, bumpy to the touch but colorless. She hasn't used any different make up or face products than normal but has started eating more fruit particularly strawberries due to dieting. Does anyone know if this could be a reaction to eating extra fruit?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Yes, it is possible it is a reaction to the fruit, she may not be allergic, but "sensitive" to the strawberries. She should discontinue eating them and see if it helps, if not, visit the doctor or dermatologist for help.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Feb 28, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Most common symptom: oral allergy syndrome-allergic reactions in the mouth and throat. Tingling, itching, and swelling in the mouth, lips, tongue, throat, and palate. Watery itchy eyes, a runny nose, and sneezing

Strawberries can cause skin allergies such as itching, hives, and contact dermatitis. The symptoms can also manifest as respiratory conditions such as allergic rhinitis and asthma.

"Strawberries are not fruits actually because their seeds grow on the outside, on their skin, unlike real fruits that have their seeds on the inside. Strawberry plants are runners and do not produced by seeds."

With a simple blood test you can "Know for Sure" . But, I'd figure that if you could rush to the Doctor's office, you wouldn't be asking for advice here. Have her stop eating the strawberries. Is she allergic to birch pollen? If so, it is likely to develop secondary food allergies to strawberries or other foods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird Face Rash [ 6 Answers ]

I have been searching the net and came across a couple of sites before this one. And to state right away nothing in my day to day has changed and I didnt eat anything I would not normally eat. This morning I woke up and my entire face was completely covered with barely visible bumps, almost like...

Rash on my face [ 1 Answers ]

This question might seem a bit silly, but yeah, my boyfriend has facial hair that, when he kisses me, it scrapes my skin and gives me a rash on my nose and chin the next morning. How do I stop this. Ps he does shave lol, but his hair grows pretty fast

Regular contact, but no face to face [ 2 Answers ]

We dated a while, then he wanted to take a break from seeing each other, but maintained some contact (txt. Message, some calls), about four weeks ago, we began to date some again, and saw each other 3 times in 2 weeks, he makes some form of contact every day, but we haven't seen each other again...

Razor Rash on My Face [ 2 Answers ]

When I am working,and I shave the night before,I tend to shave my face too closely, and often the next day, Razor Rash,is there help for me .is there a solution for this problem.

View more questions Search