Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzy9999 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 05:34 AM
    Shower faucet
    I had a plumber out to replace the cartridge in my shower faucet because the shower head was dripping It has stopped leaking but now I don't have much hot water coming out. Is this something I can fix myself?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 27, 2006, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzy9999
    I had a plumber out to replace the cartridge in my shower faucet because the shower head was dripping It has stopped leaking but now I don't have much hot water coming out. Is this something I can fix myself?
    Good morning Liz,

There probably is something you could do but why should you? You paid a plumber to change out a cartridge and now you have a problem. This should be covered by warranty. Call the plumber back.
    However you asked if there was something you could fix yourself. What has probably happened is that in installing the new cartridge he disturbed some mineral built up on the hot water supply pipes walls and it found it's way into the hot water inlet ports of the new cartridge and is now blocking the flow.
    The only way to repair this is to shut the water off to the valve and open it up, remove the cartridge and clean the trash out of the hot water inlet ports.
    The next step, and this is very important, is to turn the hot water back on while the valve's still open and flush out any remaining crud that may still be lurking in the supply pipe. Let me know how you make out. Tom
    lizzy9999 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 12:31 PM
    I called the plumber to come back out to fix the shower. It is covered by warrantly so it will not cost me. Thanks again for you help. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a leaking shower faucet and tried to take faucet apart to change the o-ring but was not able to takeout more than a cover for the screw and the screw that was under it. I have not located the ORING CAN any one please help. I have a symmons Temptrol brand.:confused: You need to replace...

Faucet and shower run simultaneously [ 12 Answers ]

In remodeling my bathroom I installed a tub with enclosure and a Price Pfister single handle control valve replacing a three handle. The shower head is 44" from the valve and the faucet is 6". I am concerned these distances will not work with the new valve. What options do I have to correct the...

Faucet still runs when shower is turned on. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three handle faucet. I replaced the washer on the end of the stem, but that wasn't the problem. What could it be?

No hot water in shower after replacing faucet [ 1 Answers ]

We just replaced the faucet for the shower in our bathroom (no tub, only shower). Water turns on & off fine & the pressure is good. However, when we turn the knob to the left (hot), we do not get hot water after this replacement. As we only replaced the faucet, we can't figure out why. Any...

Shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, When I turn on the shower the water still runs out of faucet.

View more questions Search