Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Two years is a long time.
    Two years is nuttin'. It will go by like a flash.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Two years is nuttin'. It will go by like a flash.
    Doubtful!
    Vision Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 11:59 PM
    :eek:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 11:59 PM
    How fast did the past two years go by? What were you doing two years ago?
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:02 AM
    How fast did the past two years go by? What were you doing two years ago?
    They went by really slowly actually. I was working at Binyon's wishing I had a job that paid more. Now I wish I was back at Binyon's where I made commission.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:04 AM
    It doesn't sound you have much fun at all. Good thing you came to this site and are getting to know us.

What's good in your life?
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:11 AM
    I do have fun. I have a very serious job, is all. I have fantastic friends, a beautiful puppy, and nice things (I think)...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:16 AM
    I always enjoy reading your posts, so you must be a pretty interesting and lively person.
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:19 AM
    I always enjoy reading your posts, so you must be a pretty interesting and lively person.

Well thank you... I just dread having to get braces, and to be honest. It's more the price than acually having to wear the darn things. Because I know in two years I'm going to b estatic to have them off and have a bright new smile!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:26 AM
    I just dread having to get braces...I know in two years I'm going to b estatic to have them off and have a bright new smile!!!
    Yeah, I dreaded going through labor and delivery, but I ended up doing it twice and got two neat sons. Sometimes it's worth it.
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:29 AM
    Yeah, I dreaded going through labor and delivery, but I ended up doing it twice and got two neat sons. Sometimes it's worth it.

Touché!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:35 AM
    AND labor and delivery were a lot more fun in reality than in hearing about it. I never even screamed or moaned out loud.

Same with the braces. You will be so proud of yourself! Even while it's in process.
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:38 AM
    AND labor and delivery were a lot more fun in reality than in hearing about it. I never even screamed or moaned out loud.

Same with the braces. You will be so proud of yourself! even while it's in process.

I've never heard someone describe labor and delivery as FUN!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:41 AM
    I've never heard someone describe labor and delivery as FUN!
    Yes, Lamaze is great! I followed all the rules and did what I was supposed to. Even the medical staff was impressed. I wanted to have another baby right after that one was born. "Let's do that again!"
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:44 AM
    LOL...

That's great!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:45 AM
    Maybe you could do Lamaze with braces.

Ok OK, I will leave for bed now.
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 12:46 AM
    Maybe you could do Lamaze with braces.

Ok ok, I will leave for bed now.
    LMAO. All right, have a good night.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Boy oh boy do I have a lot to say to you! :)

First; check out this site: Metal Mouth Message Board :: Index

It is a site made especially for adults with braces; the members on there are great for supporting you through the entire process, answering your questions, telling you what to expect, and calming your fears. Sign up, and post like crazy.

How do I know this? I myself was recently a brace face! I was braced two weeks after my 25th birthday, and had them removed this past August. Believe me when I tell you, it is no big deal! Time really will fly by. The first week will seem like it is never going to end. The first month will seem longer than usual. Then you'll have your first adjustment, and before you know it, you'll have hit six months. You'll be so excited about the changes in your teeth and profile that suddenly, it will be a year... then 18 months... then two years. And that's if you don't get early release for good behavior (I did!)!

Trust me when I say you are doing a good thing. There is not a day that goes by that I'm not thrilled I made the decision to do this. Don't worry about people's reactions, 99.9% of them don't care, and probably 75% don't even notice. I never, never had anyone make a negative comment to me - and I have two older brothers who just love to pick on me!

Have you had a consultation yet? Selected an orthodontist? Booked your "b-day" (banding day)?

I know how you are feeling, I really, really do. I was the grouchiest and b!tchiest I've ever been when I was waiting to start - and the day of? Let's just say I'm a little surprised my hubby stayed in the same room as me. I dreaded it. I cried. I contemplated having them removed. I wanted to back out of the whole deal. I couldn't imagine being in braces as an adult, and the result was just so, so far away... But I sucked it up and decided this was something I had to do. I didn't start looking forward to my result until months after I was braced. You have to take it one day at a time at first and remind yourself it's temporary. Now I look back and realize what a weenie I was about the whole thing!

Good luck, and feel free to PM if you have any questions you don't want to ask on the public boards.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Honey... do it.

Don't make me beg.

It will be worth it.

Pretty, pretty please??
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    honey... do it.

dont make me beg.

it will be worth it.

pretty, pretty please???

First off, I don't like being called honey by strangers. And why would you beg me to have braces?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Had Braces Once, But Now. [ 4 Answers ]

I had braces for two years, from 7th-9th grade. When I got them off, I never wore my retainers, so my teeth shifted. Thankfully, my orthodontist had periodic checkups later in my 9th grade year and this isnpired me to shove my retainers back in. For a few more months, this shoving them in every...

Braces [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth are not crooked, but I hate my teeth because they are spaced out a little. I just want to have braces before I get into college or whatever. I read that uneven chewing causes major headaches and face pains, and that has been happening to me for awhile now. So I have been considering...

Braces [ 5 Answers ]

Is it a bad idea to get braces while you are missing a tooth?

Braces / Retainers [ 5 Answers ]

I had braces since I was in 4th grade until 7th grade. When I took my braces off in 7th grade, I wore my retainer for only about half of a year. I know I was supposed to wear it for a longer period, but I didn't. I am now in 10th grade and my teeth are still aligned perfectly (no retainer). Will...

Braces [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question can you drink beer.while having braces on? Thanks you

View more questions Search