Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FallenFromGrace Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Feb 27, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Are you a cat person or a dog person?
    I just was interested in how many people on here had pets. If you do, what species? Did you get them at a breeder or a shelter? What breeds? What do they look like? Do you have pics?:D
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Dear Fallen, my cat is on my profile, named Pickle because when she was small she was always 'in a pickle'. Have a rather large dog, Taffy and she and the cat are inseparable, in bed or out. Have always had both, can't live without either.

Both were foundlings, as all my pets were and ever shall be.

Feb 27, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Thanks Tickle! I have a sheltie-mutt, Katie. She adores cats. Likes carrying baby ferrets too. What kind of a dog is Taffy? And Pickle is adorable.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Guess :-)

Feb 27, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Marsupials?:D
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenFromGrace
    Marsupials?:D
    LOL... your smarter than the average Bear FFG :-)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Cat... here next ot me right now, at least one ofthem... :) Love cats, too lazy to walk a dog!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 10:18 PM
    Allergic to cats.

Def a dog person.

At first glance, I look like a big dog person... something like a german shepherd... alaskan husky.

I own a tiny 5 lb chihuahua.. . the looks I get when I'm walking her. Oof.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Cat person here. Four cats--three rescued from the mean streets of the neighborhood and one arrived as a kitten from a friend's cat's litter.

My cats have taught me things. Live for Now. Vomiting doesn't always happen at a convenient time (or in a convenient place). Get lots of zzzzz's. When in doubt, wash.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    My cats have taught me things. Live for Now. Vomiting doesn't always happen at a convenient time (or in a convenient place)
    Same thing for small dogs.

... the number of times I've washed my sheets. Aw man.

Feb 27, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Don't worry Sneeze, I had a friend that was a 6'2 bodybuilder and he had 2 chihuahuas. You are not alone my friend.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 10:23 PM
    I forgot to say, I have a dog... I pretend not to like him... But...
    Cody Dean Dern Buck Snort Long Neck Leg Horn Elk Horn Dean Dern... We call him Cody or Dean for short... LOL

I LOVE HIM!

Feb 27, 2008, 10:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    I forgot to say, I have a dog....I pretend not to like him.....But....
    Cody Dean Dern Buck Snort Long Neck Leg Horn Elk Horn Dean Dern....We call him Cody or Dean for short...LOL

I LOVE HIM!!
    Wow.. I guess no one could agee on a name? Poor baby, he probably has multiple personality disorders.. :D
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 10:26 PM
    He just doesn't seem to care what we call him... he just likes the attention really!:)
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 10:35 PM
    I guess I'm a dog person -- not the small fluffy kind -- not the ones as big as a horse

Not into poodles or pit bulls -- can be trained and useful -- man's best friend

Cats aren't happy to see you -- and seem to have an attitude problem -- wild

Feb 27, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsie
    I guess I'm a dog person -- not the small fluffy kind -- not the ones as big as a horse

not into poodles or pit bulls -- can be trained and useful -- man's best friend

Cats aren't happy to see you -- and seem to have an attitude problem -- wild
    Actually, as George Carlin points out.. the difference between cats and dogs comes down to... eyebrows. Dogs have eyebrows, it makes them look like they are very expressive. Cats walk around looking like they are seeing out of... new eyes for the first time. *blink.. blink... blink*:D
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 10:47 PM
    I'm both a cat and dog lover.
    I have 1 female black dog.. pom/dashchund mix, she is my princess I adopted her from a no kill shelter in 2004.
    When I adopted my dog I was looking for a puppy but she caught my eye, she just lay there and looked at me with those pretty almond shaped eyes and did not even wag her tail, but when they brought her to the family viewing room she turned on her pom charm and danced all over the place wagging that beautiful black tail and throwing it up over her back... how could we resist that. Oh and she waves her little paws.. how cute. So, my family adopted a full grown, black female dog, when we were looking for a multi colored male puppy. Go figure.

1 male dog chi/rat terrier mix pic is on my profile. He was a rescue One of the sweetest dogs in the world our baby boy and is treated like a little king now. My husband worships him.
    1 male cat I have had for 11 years. He walke dinto my life on a snowy night 1997 and has been with me ever since he is a huge tabby.

1 manx black and white female cat with a upside down nike check in the middle of her head, found under a car in the middle of the street. When she was a wee kitten in 2004.

2 black twin sister cats, given to me by 2 little girls (my daugter knew)walking down the street, they lead me to another 20, 30 40 or more cats that a hoarder had let take over their yard. We rescued 24 kittens that day plus the 2 I still have that was almost 2 years ago and they are still with me. Soild black and beautiful. 1 sits on my desk every time I'm on the computer. She is my princess as well. The other 24 went to various rescue workers.

If I had the space and funds I would probably have more. But even though I can't keep every stray I come across I never turn one away there is always a way to find one a home.
    mirandycc Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Feb 28, 2008, 02:21 PM
    I LOVE ALL ANIMALS!! I have rabbits, horses, chickens, dogs, cats, and fish.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2008, 02:40 PM
    I have a Highland Lynx cat... He's my baby - acts more like a dog than a cat though. He loves his belly rubbed, greets me at the door, follows me around, and will actually get IN the tub if I let him... crazy cat.

He's actually worth more than me - one of those "ritzy cats" that a friend bought from a breeder when he was born and couldn't take care of... I was the lucky one!

Name: Zazu :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Hi Fallen, you already know my list, but for those who don't

-Indy, my big beautiful black lab cross, he was given to us by a friend whose dog had puppies, he's now 13 years old and big lovey baby, I don't know what I'd do without him.
    -Jasper, my border collie cross, we adopted him from the SPCA when he was 4 months old he's now 7, it took some time to get him out of his shell, he was such a poor little mite, but now he's our rambunctious trouble maker and we adore him.
    -Cotton, my lion head dwarf bunny (my avatar), we bought him from a pet store, that was before we knew better (we only adopt from shelters now). He is 1 year old and a real sweetie.
    -Thumper, my grey bunny, we adopted him from the SPCA, he had been relinquished twice because they thought he had a bad attitude, he is my cuddle bunny and a real sweetie.
    -Oreo, my white and black bunny, our neighbors friend didn't want her anymore so we agreed to adopt her, she's a cat in a bunnies body, she loves to lay on my lap and watch TV. She's my cuddly baby.
    -Marty, my cockatiel. Friends of ours bought her for their son and then discovered he was allergic. She's now learning to talk and is very tame. Love her so much.
    -Goldie, our 27 cent gold fish that's 4 years old. What can I say, she's entertaining and always hungry.

We are going to be adopting another bunny in the spring, just have to find a place for the cage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Other law--Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If I [ 1 Answers ]

Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If it is not, legal action can be taken against the person who is contacting someone who doesn't want to be contacted. I that true?? Panda1969

First person [ 1 Answers ]

First person who invented light

How can I be a better person? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with talking to guys. And girls actually. I have problems talking to anyone. I mean, I can talk easily to guys that I don't find attractive, or people that are kind of social outcasts because I don't think that they are judging me on my appearance or anything like that. But I...

Ok So I am a cat person, with questions... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I actually got some questions... On Mother's Day, a young stray female that was hanging around and my wife brought in a week or so earlier, had four kittens. I added a couple of pictures of the kids, they are cute little boogers. The tan are both male, and the grays are...

View more questions Search