Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mafiaangel180
    OUT DAMN THOUGHTS OUT!!!!!

LOLOL!! That's right, MA, bring in Shakespeare... wow... :D

Come on over to my Coffeeshop... https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ee-189285.html
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Yes Mafia, join HC's coffee house, otherwise we're going to get in trouble for sabotaging this thread, even though I know Fallen won't be too mad, she and I get into trouble all the time.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Mar 7, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Yes Mafia, join HC's coffee house, otherwise we're going to get in trouble for sabotaging this thread, even though I know Fallen won't be too mad, she and I get into trouble all the time.
    Ack!! Don't want to sabotage it!! Sorry Fallen!! :)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 10:42 PM
    The Truth about Dogs:

A dog is truly a man's best friend.
    If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 10:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    The Truth about Dogs:

A dog is truly a man's best friend.
    If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?

This is the honest truth. :D
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 12:36 AM
    Basenjis and the particular Chihuahua I have don't smell like dogs. (Doggie odor makes me nauseous.) Are there any other breeds that don't smell? Don't be telling me that stuff about how they don't smell when they're clean. The same line applies to women's crotches.

Dog people have been telling me for years how dumb my cats are. I finally got a dog and gee, dogs are just animals too. True, cats don't attack burglars or bark but they are reliable as far as telling me someone is in the driveway. One of my cats has different communications as to who has arrived. All of my cats knows it's name, and 4 out of 5 come when I call them. I love having dogs now though, but they aren't all that smart. They are very different than cats.

Parrots are so smart it's scary sometimes. One of ours seems to read my mind. He will say random things that I am thinking, out of the blue. He's an African Gray. He will never be more intelligent than a 5-year-old human child but sometimes... Wow, my jaw drops and I just stare at him, "what did you say?" Then he says, "trouble?"
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 01:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie

Dog people have been telling me for years how dumb my cats are. I finally got a dog and gee, dogs are just animals too. True, cats don't attack burglars or bark but they are reliable as far as telling me someone is in the driveway. One of my cats has different communications as to who has arrived. All of my cats knows it's name, and 4 out of 5 come when I call them. I love having dogs now though, but they aren't all that smart. They are very different than cats.

Parrots are so smart it's scary sometimes. One of ours seems to read my mind. He will say random things that I am thinking, out of the blue. He's an African Gray. He will never be more intelligent than a 5-year-old human child but sometimes...Wow, my jaw drops and I just stare at him, "what did you say?" Then he says, "trouble?"
    I know what you mean simone,the cats we used to have were such wonderful ones.Knew when we called their names,may times even answer with a meow.One of them always let us know when it arrives home,would call,search out one of us and only then go and eat their food.It was so cute.

I love it when cats curl up on my lap or at my feet.Cats are so much fun,they are playful no matter how big they get (not just kittens).

I love birds too but never had a chance to keep one.If I were to keep birds, I want the luxury of having a huge open space where I can let them roam freely and fly around trees and be their natural selves.
    For this same reason I don't have a cat now:(.Maybe someday when I have some space.

YouTube - Talking Parrot
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Mar 15, 2008, 06:27 AM
    That's what my Misty (african grey) looks and sounds like, Firmy. She really talks like that too. She likes to scare my mom, hollering like it is me at my mom's house... mom will start talking to me... and I am not there, hahahahahaha.

And, I will have to say my cats are pretty darn smart. The little floozy one (:D ) can open doors... if they are unlocked... so the dead bolt has to always be set around her, lol. And you better watch it... my 17 pounder (Tabby) will attack worse than any ankle biter, lol.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 06:33 AM
    In my house there is a dog and 4 cats. But that's not my choice ; you can thank my wife and kids for that one. Personally I'm a goldfish person. Nobody can accuse me of not making sacrifices for my family!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rpg219
    That's what my Misty (african grey) looks and sounds like, Firmy. She really talks like that too. She likes to scare my mom, hollering like it is me at my mom's house....mom will start talking to me....and I am not there, hahahahahaha.
    Wow... sure would like to hear her sometime.
    onemommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 04:58 PM
    I had 2 chow chows, but they have both passed on. One in 2005 & one in 2006. They were both 14 years old when they died. My female "Roxi" was the sweetest most gentle dog I had ever known. I really miss her. I still have a cat, "Chubs".. . He is a persian and is absolutley a pain in the butt.. . But I love him anyway. I guess I am more of a dog person
    catgirl101 Posts: 71, Reputation: 2
    -

Mar 13, 2013, 05:03 AM
    Cat!!
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

May 28, 2013, 09:58 AM
    I'm more of a kitty lover but dogs are awesome!! :)
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jun 20, 2013, 09:08 AM
    I love cat and dogs equally, I've always loved nature and all animals.
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jun 24, 2013, 06:58 PM
    Sure would love to post pics once I get my new computer. Having trouble.

I love both cats and dogs. I have a beautiful Calico. She is 13 and healthy. I rescued her. I am highly allergic but do what I have to. She was about to be put to sleep. I also feed 2 other cats. 1 of those 2 won't let me too close. The other of the 2 is very affectionate. One is definitely a stray. The other I am still not sure has a home but my doors are open.

Long black haired cat w/green eyes. The other is black and white spotted. Looks like a miniature version of my cat except doesn't have gold/tan.

I had a dog for 16 years and that was pretty tough when I lost her. Have also lost another cat back in 2006. My dog was 1/2 beagle and 1/2 hot doggie. The cat that passed was a gray tabby. Adopted also.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 05:57 AM
    I like both dogs and cats I have trained dogs and have a friend who is a Labrador I also befriend cats. I don't have an animal living with me as I consider I have lost enough friends and prefer to befriend other people's pets and don't wish to lose any more of my own pets
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 08:28 AM
    I am an all around animal person! I prefer to own dogs though. The idea of an animal doing it's business in a box in my house just doesn't sit well with me ;)

I have two dogs - both rescues. One is a Bully mix, here in Nova Scotia we call them Valley Bulls, named Fischer and I have a boxer mix named Lady.

I also have have three gerbils -- what was that about me not wanting to clean up animal business in my house? -- They were rescues as well, and my daughter had been pestering me for two years for some sort of furry rodent. My daughter named them Ramona, Princess Fiona and Sir Nibbler Von Nibbles the second (even though all three are girls).

I have two hermit crabs, Herman and Hermoise. I know not very original lol
    And a tank filled with guppies, tetras and platys.
    Pets Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I am an all around animal person! I prefer to own dogs though. The idea of an animal doing it's business in a box in my house just doesn't sit well with me ;)

I have two dogs - both rescues. One is a Bully mix, here in Nova Scotia we call them Valley Bulls, named Fischer and i have a boxer mix named Lady.

I also have have three gerbils -- what was that about me not wanting to clean up animal business in my house??-- They were rescues as well, and my daughter had been pestering me for two years for some sort of furry rodent. My daughter named them Ramona, Princess Fiona and Sir Nibbler Von Nibbles the second (even tho all three are girls).

I have two hermit crabs, Herman and Hermoise. I know not very original lol
    And a tank filled with guppies, tetras and platys.
    And when Marty and Bo have their first clutch, you're getting a cockatiel. Right? :)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 03:24 PM
    Haha oh sure why not throw one more in there!
    Pets Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Haha oh sure why not throw one more in there!
    I'll build you a cage for it. This is the one I'm going to build for Marty and Bo.

Google Image Result for http://www.monica-hagen.com/bilder/bur/ferdig2.jpg

Just find an old wardrobe, it has to be tall, and I can make it. You'll have the coolest bird cage in town. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Other law--Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If I [ 1 Answers ]

Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If it is not, legal action can be taken against the person who is contacting someone who doesn't want to be contacted. I that true?? Panda1969

First person [ 1 Answers ]

First person who invented light

How can I be a better person? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with talking to guys. And girls actually. I have problems talking to anyone. I mean, I can talk easily to guys that I don't find attractive, or people that are kind of social outcasts because I don't think that they are judging me on my appearance or anything like that. But I...

Ok So I am a cat person, with questions... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I actually got some questions... On Mother's Day, a young stray female that was hanging around and my wife brought in a week or so earlier, had four kittens. I added a couple of pictures of the kids, they are cute little boogers. The tan are both male, and the grays are...

View more questions Search