Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 03:53 PM
    That is a gorgeous cage! I'd like to do something like that for the gerbies haha
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    That is a gorgeous cage! I'd like to do something like that for the gerbies haha
    You totally could, but you'd have to make sure to extend the wire mesh around the wood, otherwise they'll chew right through it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2013, 08:51 AM
    Definitely a dog person... but I don't have a problem with cats... I'm just mildly alergic to them. Neighbor has two very friendly and sociable ones... I just have to remember to keep my hands away from my face until I can wash up well afterwards when I get home.

Never really bothered with anything smaller... my nephew does have a floppy eared rabbit he puts a leash on and takes for a walk... seriously.. I've seen him do it.
    Pets Expert

Sep 25, 2013, 03:21 PM
    Well, after all the good gerbil advice I thought I gave Bella, last nighT my gerbils fought. Foofoo attacked Kipo and drew blood! Jared was there, since the gerbils are in his room, and he tried to break it up. He'd get Foofoo off Kipo, try to pick Kipo up, and Foofoo would resume the attack. Kipo is favoring his paw, and there was a lot of blood. I looked him over and I can't find the wound, but I know there is one. He's a grey gerbil, so the blood was easy to see on him.

I'm in shock. They're litter mates, they've never actually fought. Play fighting yes, but actual fighting, no.

Around 30 minutes after it happened Kipo and Foofoo were snuggling together in their shelter, and Squeakers came to lick off the blood. While the fight was going on Squeakers hid.

I called the vet today to ask what I can do, if I should bring Kipo in. He told me not to worry, that if I can't see the wound it's likely superficial, just bled a lot, and should heal on its own with no issues. But what to do now? Every expert site I've found says to separate them, take Foofoo the aggressor out of the cage and put him in a new one. But that's not an option. I don't have a second tank unless I dump the fish and use that tank.

Also, all the expert sites I found also said that if they're still sleeping together in the same area, it was likely just a spat that got a bit too serious.

Sigh.

I don't need this drama!
    Dogs Expert

Sep 26, 2013, 04:09 PM
    Haha I read that they often have like sibling rivalry, so maybe just a spat that got out of hand? I've noticed mine get "snippy" with each other, but nothing really come out of it, mind you I have all females, they're much more milder :p ;)
    Pets Expert

Sep 26, 2013, 04:15 PM
    Haha I read that they often have like sibling rivalry, so maybe just a spat that got out of hand? I've noticed mine get "snippy" with each other, but nothing really come out of it, mind you i have all females, they're much more milder :p ;)
    Actually Bella, from what I read, females tend to be worse when it comes to fighting. In fact, the expert I found recommended that if you want to house gerbils together, all males are actually better. Females tend to fight more over breeding grounds, over territory.

Truth told, I'm not sure if mine are male or female. I know they're all the same sex, but which sex, don't know. The way they acted the other day was like a bunch of drunk teenage girls. ;)

Kipo seems to be okay, he's not favoring the paw and Foofoo the aggressor, and Squeakers the one that hid during the fight, licked off all the blood. They're still sleeping together, and no fights since. I hope that means it was a one time deal.

Silly gerbils. I love them! I really enjoy having them in our family. I would be devastated if one of them killed the other. Not cool.
    Dogs Expert

Sep 26, 2013, 04:18 PM
    Alty, it was in pink followed with a ;) and a :p I was KIDDING! Lol
    Pets Expert

Sep 26, 2013, 04:20 PM
    Alty, it was in pink followed with a ;) and a :p I was KIDDING! lol
    Sorry. You know that the written word sucks sometimes. Never completely know when someone is kidding, or someone is just addicted to smilies like I am. ;)
    Dogs Expert

Sep 26, 2013, 04:34 PM
    Lol, all is forgiven :) :)
    Pets Expert

Sep 26, 2013, 04:50 PM
    lol, all is forgiven :) :)
    Hug it out. I won't be okay until we hug it out! ;)
    Dogs Expert

Sep 26, 2013, 04:59 PM
    ((((hugs))))
    Pets Expert

Sep 26, 2013, 05:10 PM
    ((((hugs))))
    Awwwww! We're hugging! So sweet!

Don't give me your walking pneumonia! If I get sick, I'm coming after you!

Bella germs! Bella germs! I hugged Bella and got Bella germs! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Other law--Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If I [ 1 Answers ]

Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If it is not, legal action can be taken against the person who is contacting someone who doesn't want to be contacted. I that true?? Panda1969

First person [ 1 Answers ]

First person who invented light

How can I be a better person? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with talking to guys. And girls actually. I have problems talking to anyone. I mean, I can talk easily to guys that I don't find attractive, or people that are kind of social outcasts because I don't think that they are judging me on my appearance or anything like that. But I...

Ok So I am a cat person, with questions... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I actually got some questions... On Mother's Day, a young stray female that was hanging around and my wife brought in a week or so earlier, had four kittens. I added a couple of pictures of the kids, they are cute little boogers. The tan are both male, and the grays are...

View more questions Search