Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2006, 10:49 PM
    FL eviction
    The tenants in my rental home have not paid rent this month. It is now twenty-nine days past due. I have not been able to contact them for three weeks. They are never home and don't answer the phone. What steps do I take in Fl. To evict.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Why have you waited this long
    What are the terms of the rental or lease agreement you had them sign when they moved in, since all landlords know never to allow anyone to move in without a signed lease.

You need to send them a registered letter to notify them they are being evicted.

If you go to
    www.legalforms.com

They will have state specific forms for your state. They will have eviction notices that are approved.

After that ( assuming they do not sign for it) it comes back to you but the refusal silp can work for attempt to notify. You then go to the court, file for an eviction with them, they set a hearing date and then they will send marshall ( or deputy) out to give notice, you have a hearing, they set a date of eviction, if the people are not moved out, the deputy stands there while you ( or people you hire) move all the belongings to the curb.

( simple version, have you did a home inspection in which you go in the home to check to see if everything is ok) just to see if they are moved out already with most of their stuff. Not that it is the reason you go in, you are wanting to really check the breakers, the water system, gas lines, get the idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Eviction [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: I have a rental house and the person on the contract has a wife and she has a son that is her not his. Her name is not on the contract. He wants her out. How do I go about doing this? Any help would be great. Not sure what to do in this situation. The house is in Indiana. ...

Eviction Law? [ 8 Answers ]

I sold my property last month to someone and we had a written contract stating that I had 90 days from the time the papers were signed to stay there. After the 90 days however rent would start to apply. 2 days ago I was informed that he sold the property and this other person can move me out at...

5 day eviction [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Virginia. Does anyone know about eviction laws there? My brother received a 5 day eviction notice. What happens if he doesn't leave. Doesn't the landlord have to take him to court? How does this work? Thanks

Eviction [ 2 Answers ]

I am renting a home. My lease was up in Sept.05 and now we are renting month to month. I let the landlord know that on the 2nd of the month that I wouldn't have the rent until 2wks from now. She stated that we have until the end of the month to get our things out. Then later on she stated that we...

View more questions Search