Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luvme504 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Living in paris
    Ok I just had a quick question before I wasted my time even looking into doing this, k here I go... my mom and dad are full blooded French BUT were born here in America, but my grandparents however are full blooded French(and were born in France) and their parents and grandparents and so forth would there be any chance it would be easier for me to become a citizen or no? I'm pretty sure I do not have a dual citizenship, but yeah that was the question I had and if someone could be of any help to me that knows something about this it would be very helpful! Thanks so much:)

Sarah
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 06:01 PM
    No, you haven't got dual citizenship and if your parents had been born in France then there would be no doubt that you would get citizenship too. I don't think it makes any difference on grandparents, and so on. But all the same, you can still live in France and maintain your US citizenship if you visit the States every six months.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Mar 11, 2008, 10:39 AM
    If all your family is FULL BLOODED FRENCH,then there is no point you would be denied of the dual nationality,. obviously you should have the both nationalities. Well you can ask from the federation office or government authority for your nationality by submitting them the required documents. Or you can also visit your embassy to find out, if you are living in USA then go to French officials of the embassy to ask and inquire about it.

YOU SHOULD GET THE DUAL NATIONALITY, I think go find out.
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Mar 11, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvme504
    Ok i just had a quick question before i wasted my time even looking into doing this, k here i go...my mom and dad are full blooded French BUT were born here in America, but my grandparents however are full blooded French(and were born in France) and their parents and grandparents and so forth would there be any chance it would be easier for me to become a citizen or no? I'm pretty sure I do not have a dual citizenship, but yeah that was the question I had and if someone could be of any help to me that knows something about this it would be very helpful!! thanks so much:)

Sarah
    How old are you? Regardless of your heritage, after the age of 18 you are only able to hold one citizenship. Children who have dual-citizenship (Say, born on foreign soil by American parents, or born on US soil by non-American parents) typically must choose to keep one or the other after a certain age (18 or 21 I beleive)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paris Jokes [ 2 Answers ]

Why does Paris Hilton like lightning? She thinks someone is taking her picture. What did Paris Hilton say when she saw the sign in front of the YMCA? "Look! They spelled MACY's wrong!" What do you call a fly buzzing inside Paris Hiltons head? A space invader.

Paris etching [ 1 Answers ]

I have a print with Copyright 1935 Camilla Lucas N Y USA in the upper right hand corner. It has a triangle with SZL in the lower left hand corner. In pencil it is signed Charlot in the lower right hand corner, and in the lower left hand corner it is titled Sur la Piere, also in pencil. Wondering...

How to go to school in Paris [ 6 Answers ]

I really want to live in Paris, France... And I'm an america. I would do anything to live there, and I was wondering as a possibily to get there and stay, how could I get into a French college, like the Sorbonne. Can you tell me how to get in, the equivalency of our grades levels to there's, our...

Working in Paris [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I want to move to Paris, france when I turn 18. I would do anything to be there, will someone help me find out how to get there and get a job and be a citizen.

I'm From Usa Where Should I Go In Paris [ 2 Answers ]

Who other but the people that actually live there knows better than PARIS. Ill be visiting soon. I would like for several suggestions where and what should my family and I visit in paris. Thank you...

View more questions Search