Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Junestar08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 01:45 PM
    DV classes
    :mad: Last October I was taking in for a DV charge misdemeanor . I went to court and now I have to do the classes and a pay fine, I have no motivation to go to the classes because I don't think that they apply to me. What will happen if I decide not to go to class or meet with a po?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 02:26 PM
    You're going to be in more trouble. Just because you don't like the class doesn't mean you get out of going. That would be like someone saying, "Well, I don't like serving my time in prison so you should let me out."

You did something wrong and this is the consequence that the court saw fit. Deal with it.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Feb 27, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Plan and simple if you don't follow through the classes and po officer then you will go to prision. My boyfriend has two duis has to go through drug court and goes to class 3 nights a week and meeting 3 nights a week. Which leaves us no time but it has to be done we have been doing this for like 6 months and have 1 1/2 years left. The po can come and search your house at anytime they want. Just be good you got the rest of your life. Follow through all the classes and pass your ua's and you will be good to go. I know it sucks but eventually it willl get better.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Mar 3, 2008, 02:27 PM
    They did not say go to class IF you want to. I would hate to see what would happen to you if you disobeyed. Suck it up. You did the crime, now be a man and do the time. Next time, don't do the crime.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Junestar08
    :mad: Last october i was takin in for a DV charge misdemeanor . i went to court and now i have to do the classes and a pay fine, i have no motivation to go to the classes because i dont think that they apply to me. what will happen if i decide not to go to class or meet with a po?

You will be taken back before a Judge, they won't cut any slack, you will serve time.

Why don't the classes apply to you?
    William G Sims Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 06:26 PM
    You can pack up and leave state and you will never hear about it again because it is a misdemeanor crime and non extraditable. You may now kiss your firearm ownership rights goodbye also such as I have. It is all about the money dude they do not care about you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Yes, as noted, if you don't do it, then you did not keep your promises, so it voids everything the court agreed to do, so they basically pick you up, that same judge will just put you in jail to serve that sentence.

I am sure you won't have a lot of motivaton to clean the shower areas in prison either.
    rsanj1010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2010, 03:46 PM
    Just wondering did you plead guilty at the arraignment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Babysitting Classes [ 4 Answers ]

I want to take babysitting classes but I don't know where I could possibly take them.I am really lost in where I should go. PLEASE HELP ME!!

What classes should I take ? [ 1 Answers ]

IF I want to do something in engineering what classes should I take in high school and what classes in University? Anyone knows? Thanks :)

Typing classes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need to find a basic typing class to download free. Can anyone help.. tks:o

What classes [ 3 Answers ]

School starts in 2 weeks and I was wondering what classes would be the best to have on my transcript for forensic science and such.

Classes [ 1 Answers ]

Would you please correct this if necessary One day, I had an idea that if I could convince the company to start a GED program at their facility, it would be conveyance for me. Therefore, when I got off from work, I wouldn’t have to drive some twenty-nine miles to school to take the GED classes...

View more questions Search