Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Mar 8, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55
    sex education should be introduced in middle school (6th or 7th grade). while abstinence should always be encouraged, i believe it is entirely necessary to teach students how to be safe if they do make the choice to engage in sex. they need to learn about condoms, hormonal bc, foams, etc. clear up the myths, i.e. peeing right after sex does not mean you won't get pregnant. they need to learn about std's but don't teach it in a "this is what will happen if you ever have sex before marriage!!" scary way that too many adults try to. and if you've ever looked at the women's helth board i'm sure you'll agree girls especially need to know when they might be pregnant and when to worry about their period being a day late. i never got to do it but i think the computerized babies are great too. my class also watched a video of a woman giving birth.
    I agree with that, it almost seems that the schools have given up on the kids. They only teach "safe sex" and not even giving them the choice of abstinence, which the best choice until marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend doesn't want sex / low sex drive [ 30 Answers ]

Hi all, New member here and a bit nervous, but getting some answers anonymously might help to put my mind at east. As you maybe guessed from the title, I'm having a problem with my relationship; specifically the sex part. My girlfriend is 20 and I am 27, and have been in a serious...

Abstinence Only Sex Education [ 84 Answers ]

Hello: Today, my state turned down $800,000 of federal money to fund Bush's abstinence only sex education program. My state wanted to add medically correct information to the presentations, but the feds wouldn't agree. Are the people in my state served better with abstinence only sex...

My date speaks outloud over sex his sex fantasies of three-way sex [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there, I have been dating this guy not for long time now. From the beginning while we were having sex he mentioned his sexual fantasies to me. He wanted to have another women joining us. I asked me why not him with two other women not me being involved. Anyhow, a few days ago he mentioned...

Education [ 1 Answers ]

What r the qualities for a teacher

View more questions Search