Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JILL GILROY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Unusual Cat behavior
    I have a 8 year old black cat. She is acting very strange and she has started dragging my husband and my daughters clothes all over the house when we leave. She will pull them out of the closet and out of drawers if left open. Is she angry or what could be making her do this?

Thanks
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Feb 27, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Has any recent changes happened with you? I have a cat, and they do tend to "know" their owners.

XenoSapien
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Mine does that with socks all the time. I assume it's just redirected hunting behavior... instead of killing a stuffed toy, she defends me from the "evil sock monster". It's actually a bit of a ritual with us... she comes in at bedtime making that funny "here's dead prey" burble sound, I say "What a good huntress! You killed an evil sock monster!" And then she jumps up on the bed and curls up for the night.

The fact that yours has just started doing this might make me look closely at other signals (eating, bathroom habits, etc.) to see if this is a symptom of something going wrong. If that all seems to be the same, then I'd put t down to her having found some fun new toys.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2008, 11:04 PM
    After 8 years it sounds like something has changed. I'd think very hard about what. Is it just clothes? Your clothes smell like you, which may be related, so think about that too.

Unless there's something wrong enough to warrant some attention, the easy solution is to keep the drawers and closet doors closed. :-) Of course, that could result in a different behavior.
    JAMIET Posts: 73, Reputation: 12

Feb 28, 2008, 12:04 PM
    This could be a sign of frustration and loneliness as well. She misses you, so your clothes will have to comfort her until you return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat Behavior [ 3 Answers ]

My cat just started to sit quietly in her clean litter box yesterday. Today she started to roll around in her clean litter box happily. I can't understand what's going on?

Unusual Cat Behaviour [ 12 Answers ]

Well, this is an interesting predicament. I have 3 cats, 2 girls and 1 boy. They are all slightly over a year old. I have had each of them since they were about 3 months, and they have always gotten along fine. They play, and eat, and sleep together, everything. However, last night, the...

Unusual cat behavior [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female tabby cat that is and always has been a loving cat. She lives with us on 6 acres partially wooded. She came in the house after being out for a few hours. She started acting strangely in way of getting up and down out of my lap - meowing very loudly and very suddenly...

Unusual behavior for my daschund [ 1 Answers ]

I have a year old mini long haired daschund. He usually is very perky, etc. This morning I put him out to go to the bathroom. He wouldn't go - I had to walk him out and stand with him. Then, he's been laying around more than usual and follows me more than usual, sitting between my legs or wants...

View more questions Search