Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2006, 05:30 PM
    Wall wart home
    Have those old strips you could plug things in anywhere been banned? So many of the little transformers gobble up 2 outlets in a power trip, I wondered about those old continuous strips.
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 26, 2006, 05:49 PM
    Y'know, many people wouldn't even have a clue what you're talking about. :D:D:D Fortunately, I understand what you mean - my cousin used to have one.

I'm almost positive they've ben banned. I say this because a) those things are dangerous enough that any sane municipalty would have banned 'em (I personally got one of my first electric shocks from one when I was a kid, and I wasn't even doing anything really stupid) , and b) I have not seen them for sale ANYWHERE in at least 5-10 years, and during that time, I have been through quite a few different states, and many stores in each one (keep in mind that all my life I've been an electronics freak - like when I go to WAL-MART, my first stop is the section where they sell power strips and similar stuff - even if I don't need anything from there) and still no joy. Sorry!
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 26, 2006, 05:57 PM
    By the way, have you considered something like the PowerSquid or a couple of Power Strip Liberators?
    Borewyrm Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2006, 04:55 PM
    Powersquids rule! :D
    klmgb Posts: 114, Reputation: 13

Jan 27, 2006, 06:35 PM
    My Mom used to have several of those, most dangerously in the kitchen. Had the coffee pot, toaster, lamp and about 7-8 other things stuffed on it. I remember some times it was stuffed so full some of the electrical connections didn't even fit all the way. Haven't seen them in years. Don't know if they are banned or the companies got sued out of business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirrowing a wall [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anyone out there who has tiled a wall in a small room with mirror tiles, size 8"x8"? I started doing so with the tapes recommended and supplied to me by the home supply store and after the second night one tile came off and the next night the second tile. Javascript:sad() Luckily I had...

New framing on old wall [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to undertake some remodeling on my master bath and let me explain the setup first. From my master bad to the sink area of the bathroom there is a half wall with 2 supports because it is a load bearing wall. I want to tear this out and put a pocket door in and make the wall a full one. ...

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

Fire Wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have remodeled a portion of my garage into a closet and a shower as part an adjacent new bedroom. I have an attic space above the remodeled area. Is there a requirement to build a fire wall to separate the attic above the new closet and shower from the rest of the garage attic? Thanks for any...

Wet basement wall... [ 2 Answers ]

See photo... House is 6 years old. Starting a few months ago, when we get a heavy rain, a water line will form on the basement wall (poured basement). It doesn't appear to be 'flowing' - just wet to the touch. Nothing on the floor. No cracks - just a water line. An hour after the rain...

View more questions Search