Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tatianna Silvestre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Mother keeping belongings
    My name is Tatianna. I just turned 18 years old. I have been planning to move for a while now due to problems I had at home with my parents especially my mother. One day I could not take it anymore so I just left and she let me. I now live with my aunt but she threw all of my belongings out so my friend can pick them up except for the most important things like my birth certificate, new cell phones, and chargers,social security card, state I.d, and school i.d. its really hard for me and she refuses to give it back what should I do?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Can you talk to your Aunt about this? If your Aunt would intercede for you and talk to your Mom, perhaps that would help you to get your things. Where is your Dad on this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2008, 07:08 AM
    You can get a copy of your birth certificate, and the IDs pretty easily. Did you get the cell phones on a contract? Can you report them as stolen?

Getting your aunt to intervene might be the best solution, otherwise, replace what's replaceable.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Use other public resources, such as a pastor, local mental health counselor, or the sheriff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex will not take her belongings [ 5 Answers ]

I ended my 1 1/2 year relationship at end of November. My ex and I had been living together for 1 year. She has yet to move any of her belongings (t.v's, beds, sofas, clothes etc.) or take her 2 dogs and rabbit. Says she "can't find a suitable place to live" and doesn't want to have to "move her...

Son evicted? And not able to get his belongings. [ 6 Answers ]

To start we live in pa, anyway... My fiancée (20yrs) was kicked out. Some of the bills are or were in his name and this parents are moving and were planning to let him take on their rent to own agreement. They did not give him notice. Well when he want back for his things, his parents won't...

Belongings left behind after termination of lease [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in PA. We have a tenant who requested to terminate her lease, and we accepted her request. We were receiving a Section 8 voucher, but she had not paid her portion of the rent for two months. In my letter accepting her terminating the lease, we told her to be out by November 30. She has...

Question about Belongings... [ 2 Answers ]

I signed a 6-month lease on January 1, 2006. The person I was rooming with had lived in the house already for a year. He had the only copy of the lease. When I paid rent, I gave him cash (I did not get receipts because he was a friend) and bills were the same way. After the lease was to be up on...

How long does ex have to remove belongings? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, My ex abandoned me 2 1/2 years of marriage in April 2004. I divorced her (NYS final decree in September 2005). The house was mine before the marriage and is 100% mine after the marriage. She left 2 1/2 rooms of her furniture and belongings in my house. She refuses to remove them...

View more questions Search