Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1572basil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Basement Windows
    I own a three bedroom brick ranch with a basement rental property and will need to replace the basement windows during the next year. It is about 30 years old. Any recommendations on the type of windows that are good for basements? The home is in Ohio. I know in general there are aluminum, vinyl and wood windows just not sure what would be good. Anyone replaced basement windows and were you satisfied? Remember this is a rental property as well.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Feb 27, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Are these in an areawell or above grade?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Feb 27, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Regardless of that, a vinyl window is probably best for the basement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement windows header requierd [ 1 Answers ]

OK I would like to cut my concrete foundation and install a large window. It is on the wall perpendicular to the floor joist system what would be the header requiered. I would like to use a steel beam or something What would I use. Nick

Metal framed basement windows [ 1 Answers ]

I was planning on prying out the old metal frames & replacing my basement windows with vinyl replacements. Is the original frame of any structural significance?

Basement windows [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how to replace my basement (hopper type) windows, that are set in the concrete foundation.

Older Basement Windows [ 3 Answers ]

My house has those old single pane metal framed windows. Eventually I would like to replace them with nice vinyl window but I estimated the cost for 5 new windows and a mason to be around $700. Right now I can't afford that, any suggestions on a cheap alternative. I want to do this for two...

Replacing basement windows [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all. I want to replace the basement windows. My house is 5 years old and the basement windows are only single pane. I have changed windows before but not with metal surrounds. How is the metal window held in the concrete wall? What kind of fasteners do you use to install the windows? ...

View more questions Search