Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimi101 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2006, 05:12 PM
    Born with fair skin
    Hi I was born with pretty fair skin, but now, over the years it is medium dark. I know people say to put lemon and something like a cucumber on your face regularly to get my light skin back, but how long does it take to get all they way back to near-white skin color? Do you need to keep doing the lemon and cucumber thing even after its back to fair, or will it stay fair(not including sun factor)? Thanks!
    Pale White Skin Posts: 93, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2006, 05:27 PM
    You'll need to apply it on your face everyday for a couple of weeks. Maybe 3 weeks to finally notice any visible results. Once you've achieved your tone, then you can do it every once in a while (( perhaps twice a week )).

Jan 26, 2006, 07:38 PM
    OK, so is the twice a week after-fair-skin-achieved lemon applications just because of suntan, or to prevent the bleach from fading away? Will it stay fair even if u don't do the twice a week applications, or will it turn back to dark, because the bleach wears off?

Jan 27, 2006, 03:24 AM
    Usually the bleach wears off so you have to continue use

Jan 27, 2006, 05:18 AM
    Even though I was born with almost white skin? If still not, howq can I permantly (not including suntan) get my very fair skin back, without doing something regularly? Thanks!

Jan 27, 2006, 01:07 PM
    I have not used anything yet that whitens/lightens your skin permanently. If your skin is fair from the start.. you shouldn't have to use the lemon/cucumber mix everyday then.. I'm sure that after you've lightened back to your natural born tone.. then it should stay that way. I'm almost positive but if you'd like to try it and tell me how it works then I'd love some feedback. I haven't tried the cucumber and lemon mix. I think there's also a lemon and honey mix that you leave on the face for 15 minutes and wash off.. but honey? Ehh sounds a bit messy. They say it works though. I haven't tried it myself but if you manage to come up with the mix and try it yourself.. tell me the results!

Jan 27, 2006, 02:03 PM
    OK here's how it goes: I was born in pennsylvnia with whitish skin. I then moved down south to Texas, which is probabbly where I got very brown skin, due to the more intense sun. a few years after, when I was about 12, I decided to cover my face from the sun whenever I went outside, so it got lighter,and got to light brown complexion, but not nearly as fair as when I was born. I've also never used the lemon trick before, except for a few days ago I will hope for a miracle that after about a month, my skin will go ALL the way back to the way when I was born, and STAY that way, without me having to continue the lemon trick again. Thanks for the help, and ill try it!:).

And one more thing. Is tomato a good substitute for cucumber?

Jan 27, 2006, 03:39 PM
    I hear tomatoes are an astringent for oily skin but I'm not sure that it can be substituted for Cucumber. They actually have recipe's online. If I find anything I will let you know! :)

Jan 27, 2006, 04:51 PM
    One mo question... could I put just cucumber on my face then go to sleep and have it detan while I'm sleeping, so the detanning process will go faster? Thanks!
    monujat1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 02:14 PM
    I am monu jat I am quite goodlooking but my color is so dark so what I do
    sherrylouz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 06:34 PM
    In order to get that radiant look, grate raw coconut and squeeze milk out of it. Apply this milk on your face and it will give your skin a glowing effect.

EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 24, 2009, 11:58 AM

Hi,

I'm repeating an answer that I gave another member but I think it could help you too.

You can remove sun damage & hyperpigmentation to get back to the color you had as a young child (or the color of the unexposed skin under your clothing).

A great sunblock like Anthelios 60 or Neutrogena for babies SPF 60 will protect your skin from extra darkening. Hats/protective clothing/seeking shade outdoors helps too.

There are many ways to exfoliate and restore your base color. Soaking and gentle scrubbing, Vitamin C serums, products with AHA/Glycolic/Kojic acids, papaya soaps.

Some people use peels or Retin-A but with the different reactions, it's best to be monitored by a professional (aesthetician, dermatologist) if you're not experienced with these stronger products.

Cremes and gels containing hydroquinone, sepiwhite, alpha-arbutin can help fade extra-dark patches, and permatanned(areas that have years of sun exposure.. often the forearms, forehead & face, back of neck, back of hands) to match your body's natural color.

However my aesthetician explained that they're(esp. HQ) used temporarily to fade darker areas to harmonize skin tone, not as a all over color changer on already even-toned skin.

I'm finding these forums really helpful.

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-aging/

http://www.skincaretalk.com/melasma/

http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lightening/

Whatever products you use/regimen... sunscreen is extremely important. HTH!
    zakzak Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2011, 02:20 AM
    Whiten your skin so you look nice and handsome and good looking! Become lighter skinned!

Apr 12, 2011, 02:22 AM
    Comment on monujat1's post
    Are you a boy? Whiten your skin! Become lighter skinned

Apr 12, 2011, 02:25 AM
    Comment on monujat1's post
    I am only saying this for boys, girls should stay the same color no changes in complexion required

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best cream to lighten your skin giving it a fair natural look... HELP! [ 18 Answers ]

I have been hearing a lot about magic creams, fair and flawless and Makari, but what actually is the BEST for my skin? What's the most natural and does any of these have any side effects. PLEASE HELP!! I really need a cream to lighten my brown skin to make it look more lighter but natural and fair....

Born with dark circles [ 16 Answers ]

Any good advice to get rid of dark circles aorund eyes as I've born with it... I was thinking to try Amira Magic cream... any one know if it is safe for under eye area? Bcoz I don't like to put Concealers on it is so uncomfortable:( Come on share your ideas & experiences with me... I'm still...

Awanshine and skin so fair products [ 10 Answers ]

I have been using awanshine and skin so fair products for about 2 months now and I have not seen any changes to my skin tone. I do not understand how everyone else seems to be getting lighter within a week of usage. Could anyone please let me know of other safe and effective products that...

Looking for brother born 7/2/47 [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for my half brother who was born in Michigan on July 2 1947. I was wondering is it possible to get a list of male's born on that date who live in and out of Michigan. And is there a way to find spouses and family. Thank you Connie

Child born in USA, but [ 2 Answers ]

Living in France with the Mom, french citizen. The child has never requested any american documents, she just has her french id and passeport. Could she go to the USA , travelling with french passport ? Or does she need to apply for an american one? She is eleven years old now, she left the USA...

View more questions Search