Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    space1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 03:12 AM
    Gurgling in basin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I have a two bed house,when I have a shower, every now and then the basin next to the bath(where I'm having a shower)gurgles,can you tell me why please, my house is only ten years old I would like to know WHY it does it and what reason for doing it someone emailed me and said it's the toilet trap its got nothing to do with the toilet the noise is coming from the basin so what could it be.thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 04:35 AM
    I think the e mailer is right, could be the toilet trap. The noise can't come from the toilet so its coming from the next best thing, the drain pipe, ergo the sound from the basin.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Your gurgle is due to your vent stack becoming clogged. With the vent clogged the shower drain is trying to vent to any other fixture, in this case the basin. Rod out the vent stack from the roof. Use enough 1/2" snake to rod roof to basement floor and about 15' more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basin Wrench [ 2 Answers ]

How do you use a basin wrench?

Basin wrench [ 2 Answers ]

How do a use a basin wrench?

Basin trap [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know what is the difference between a P-trap which has a U shape with a horizontal pipe and the bottle trap which consists of a horizontal & a vertical tube with a removable cup at the bottom. What's the use of each one?

Basin wrench [ 6 Answers ]

I know this is a stupid question, but how do you use a basin wrench? I had the hardest time getting my spray hose undetached from under my kitchen sink. I have a basin wrench, it just didn't work for me. What am I doing wrong? [email protected]

Gurgling Perhaps? [ 3 Answers ]

New to this, but from what I have read, this is the right place to be. New Home, so I would assume that there is no clogging. When we flush a toilet in one bathroom (upstairs), gurgling occurrs. We can hear it from the shower drains (both of the upstairs' showers). Air pockets are emitted...

View more questions Search