Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryanmaloney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 01:51 AM
    Pump won't lite after cleaning filter and inner filter
    Filter was complet mush and guk, also in the pump I took out and cleaned the screen , all good now, I primed filter and pump but still would not ignite. Blnk blk blk, after 3 second hold button furnace attempts then must hold for 30 secs to reset from lockout. SO after many attemps, "does it every time we run out oil" I took unit back out and took the long ( prong like things in front of were the oil comes out to lite. They were dirty, so I took them off and cleaned them, BUT, when I put thenm back on I'm not sure they are in the same position, also there's a small rubber like screw that I turned some. The furnace won't lite. Need to know how to set thos long prongs for lighting
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 04:51 AM
    Why did you clean the pump screen?
    Just curious.

Do you have oil spraying in the combustion chamber?

Below measurements are text book. The next time you are going to do this get a electrode gap tool. They are cheap plastic but work well and takes all the guesswork out of using a ruler.

The distance from the nozzle tip out to the electrode tips should be 1/16"
    The electrode gap (width between the two) should be 1/8"
    The distance the electrode tips should be from center of nozzle is 7/16"

Also since you took the pump apart you should check for proper pump pressure. Normal setting is 100 PSI.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ac Filter [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I moved into a house a couple of months ago and I am trying to locate a filter for the Ac so that I can change it. Do all ac units come with a filter? Where else can I look?. The AC is an Airtemp brand (used for heating and air)

Do I need a filter or a pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone. New here. I have a Hayward DE filter that's tired(10 seasons), and looses pressure after about 15 minutes of use requiring me to go "bump" the pressure. When I do that, its fine for another 15, all the while the pump has stayed on and running seemingly smooth. Do I just need a new...

Where is the fuel filter [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to fix my car, but no gas is getting to the engine. Everybody is telling me they can here the fuel pump turn on so I'm thinking it's the fuel filter or one of the fuel wires or cloged.. CAn any one help me... The car sounds like it's going to turn over any second but won't I...

View more questions Search