Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2008, 08:04 PM
    "Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life."
    "Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life , and I will raise them to life on this last day. " (John 6.54 )

"I am telling you the truth: if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you will not have life in yourselves. " (John 6.53 )

Please expain in details what is the meaning of the above quotes. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 08:37 PM
    By starting reading at verse 47, what does it mean to you, what do you think he is saying, tell us and we can disucss
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Feb 26, 2008, 08:57 PM
    This speak for it's self. How did Jesus give his flesh and blood as food and drink? At the last supper.

Mat 26:26-28 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is my body." And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

I, as a Catholic, believe I receive His body and blood even today at each mass.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 08:59 PM
    I believe that receiving Jesus in our heart. Is his spiritual body and spiritual blood. Accepting him in our hearts. Is accepting all of him. That is us receiving him.
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Feb 26, 2008, 09:12 PM
    The body and the blood of christ that you are talking about is symbolic. His the bread is symbolic to his bod y being broken and the cup is symbolic to his blood that was shed for us.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    By starting reading at verse 47, what does it mean to you, what do you think he is saying, tell us and we can disucss
    Don't hold your breath. He seems to post many of these and never returns to the thread: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=2457370
    jennyrene Posts: 20, Reputation: 6

Feb 26, 2008, 10:16 PM
    So much of the bible is spiritual. You have to understand first that this is your soul that Jesus is referring to. The hunger and the thirst. People search there whole lives for something to believe in or fill a void, when his sacrifice was for them too. He loves you so much and it is hard to understand his word, but it will come to you if you are truly desiring it to.
    Donna Mae Posts: 55, Reputation: 14

Feb 27, 2008, 12:39 AM
    I partake of the Lord's Supper every Lord's day. The bread represents the body of Jesus. The body that was hung on a cross for our sins. The cup of the fruit of the vine represents the blood that our Savior shed for us on the cross.

I believe God's word, "Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you." This is why it is so very important to be partakers of the Lord's Supper.

I know some will argue with me that 'God doesn't mean what He says,' that it's all symbolic. Well, all I can say is I'm not going to take that chance, because I believe God's word to be the absolute truth and I don't want to take the chance that He doesn't mean exactly what He says. The price of being wrong is too great.

Feb 27, 2008, 03:26 PM
    True the bible is truth, but you have to look at the context and ask the lord how this applies to us. For example, this is how prosperity gospel is started, they believe that because they study Gods word and live according to Him they will be prosperous(meaning lots of wealth and land) which isn't true but like I said they take it out of context.
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Yes, while I don't mind a good discussion, t his poster smells of a trouble maker, asking some of the more denominatinal issue verses, and of course without the full chapter to put it into contex and will not come back.

I just want to be sure we don't end up with a large fight going on between non beleivers and those of the right and left in religious faith

Feb 27, 2008, 03:55 PM
    "t his poster smells of a trouble maker," what do you mean by this. (is this what your saying the poster is trying to make us argue between our faith.)
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Opinion, sorry if I am wrong, I call them they way they look.

They come here post several ( or many) posts on issues that can cause at time heated discussion, and they never come back to answer any follow-up and they also don't give their opinons.

I guess I am a little callis after too many years of doing this.

As for this question, they don't include a lot of the rest of the chapter but then in another question, include another part of this chapter which is really part of this as another question.

It gives those that believe the real blood and body are in the wine and bread, and symbolic to others. If you track all of their questions, they all divide by these denominations.

Plus the large amount of questions asked without follow up on their original questions.

I think one of the moderators moved it from Christianity to the discussion forum so it can be discussed more openly.

Feb 27, 2008, 04:57 PM
    I see. And I respect your opinion, as I do with everyone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song called "Good Life"? [ 12 Answers ]

It is a song from either the 80's or 90"s. Not the song by Kanye West either. I have had it stuck in my head form about 3 days now. Please help!

Song from Life Ep05 "Fallen Woman" + Felicity S04E08 [ 3 Answers ]

Can any kind soul confirm the name of the song played in the closing montage of the TV series Life Ep05 which aired 24 Oct 2007? I know tv.com says the song is Donna De Lory "In The Sun" - but that is not what we heard in Australia. The song played had the following lyrics: ... I don't know how...

Double-standards, mixed blood, and the "law of soil" [ 1 Answers ]

I am an American born first-generation Japanese. My early childhood was spent in a black neighborhood, and my adolesence in white suburbia. I do not know my native tongue fluently, although every day I wish that I had been taught as a child. I would like to know the opinions of others who were born...

Who sang "you entered my life, I made you my wife" [ 1 Answers ]

This song goes something like this" you entered my life,i made you my wife" It is from the eightys.

MD "wanted" Human Blood Question... [ 1 Answers ]

I have been doing some research on the human body for a comic strip I am trying to write... And I am trying to keep just the fact when it comes to the human body. So my question is? What is the maximum amount of blood a person can lose with out dying? And how long would it take to be back to...

View more questions Search