Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeall Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Furnace not Lighting
    Water drip into the furnace, and it is not lighting now to give heat to the apt. It is a York Stellar. The glow bar get hot and then it light for a brief moment and then go out. I change the glow bar, the power pack, but it still not staying on to heat the apt. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lee
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Lee - Just where did the water drip into the heater at?? Did the water drip down into the openings where the gas comes out and burns ? Do you approx. know how much water got inside the heater? Did you check the thermostate probe, IF the probe is stopped working, it will not stay light Good LUCK & GOD BLESS :::: F.B.E.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 11:02 PM
    If your unit has a flame sensor take it out and clean the metal part with sand paper.

Feb 27, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle
    Lee - Just where did the water drip into the heater at ??? did the water drip down into the openings where the gas comes out and burns ? do you approx. know how much water got inside the heater? Did you check the thermostate probe, IF the probe is stopped working, it will not stay light Good LUCK & GOD BLESS :::: F.B.E.

F.B.E.
    The water drip in from the duck on the front top. It also went to the area where the power pack is. I swap out all those parts and they work on the other unit. Now it is not lighting.

Feb 27, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leeall
    Water drip into the furnace, and it is not lighting now to give heat to the apt. It is a York Stellar. The glow bar get hot and then it light for a brief moment and then go out. I change the glow bar, the power pack, but it still not staying on to heat the apt. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lee
    After allowing it to dry out, including the resistor, it came on and stayed on. Thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace that is not lighting [ 13 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Furnace that is not lighting. Of course it is over the weekend and it is -25 windchill below outside... it truly is. I cleaned the sensor. Anyone have any ideas? Dan

Goodman Gas Furnace not lighting [ 3 Answers ]

We have a GMT or GMTH Goodman Power Vented Gas Furnace. Yesterday the gas stopped lighting up. We think it might be the ignitor. Our home is 4 yrs old. When we turn the thermostat onto heat, the furnace fan comes on, but no fire. Any suggestions? Weird is that when it is on auto, it won't...

Intertherm furnace lighting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Intertherm M1M furnace and when It kicks on the combustion blower runs for a long time before the furnace lights.The red status light occasionally blinks two times and according to the label it's saying the pressure switch is open but Im not sure.It will click and the ignitor will start...

Having trouble lighting furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Can't find where to light the furnace on an old carrier.

Main burners on my carrier furnace not lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier natural gas furnace, model no. 58es080-30. The pilot light ignites, then you can hear a clicking noise, after about 15-20 seconds the blower fan starts up but the main burners are not lit. The furnace has acted like it's been having trouble igniting in the past few weeks, seems...

View more questions Search