Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwatt88 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Alcohol in Urine Testing
    I'm on probation and I had 1 beer at around 11 pm. The next day I took a urine test at around 5 pm. Will the alcohol show up on my test?

Feb 26, 2008, 05:35 PM
    I'm a 19 year old college student. It's pretty normal to drink in my situation. I just would like to know if I will pass or not...
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Feb 26, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Alcohol stays in your system for 24 hours. Ok, little exaggerated but come on, how dumb is it to drink before a urine test? It was only 1 beer so I'm sure you would.

Feb 26, 2008, 05:52 PM
    So the metabolism of the alcohol varies on how much you've had to drink?

By the way, it was a random test, so I didn't know I would be tested until after I drank the beer.
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Feb 26, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Um... the testing may be random, but didn't you know you had a probation appointment?

And underage drinking is still illegal whether it is "common"; if, knowing it is illegal, and knowing you are on probation, and choosing to drink anyway---that either equals criminally stupid or insipid alcoholism.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 04:00 PM
    It will and can show up, it will depend on what levels they allow to pass. This will be at a very very low limits.

But then, they can also come and do a home inspectin, one in the fridge will get you. The issue with probation, is you are suppose to follow the rules
    Cass1e Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2012, 08:09 AM
    Depends on what the Drug Court in your area is actually testing for. If they use Ethyl Glucuronide(ETG)Alcohol Testing you are screwed. ETG is a direct metabolite of alcohol(ethanol) and its detection in urine is highly specific. EtG is only evident when alcohol is consumed and a indicator of alcohol ingestion within the previous 3-4 days. It is much more accurate than measuring for the presence of ethanol itself. The presence of EtG in urine is a definitive indicator that alcohol was ingested.
    ernster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 12:13 PM
    Probably best to abstain when you know a test is possible. A couple weeks ago I drank 7 beers, and got a call at 5:30 PM stating that I would be tested the following morning. 14 hours went by. I drank a lot of water. That night and the following morning. I failed. So be careful! Only time works.
    rebamc7 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2013, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wynelle View Post
    Um... The testing may be random, but didn't you know you had a probation appointment?

And underage drinking is still illegal whether or not it is "common"; if, knowing it is illegal, and knowing you are on probation, and choosing to drink anyway---that either equals criminally stupid or insipid alcoholism.
    Sorry but your attitude would certainly not be very theraputic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urine Alcohol Testing [ 5 Answers ]

If I was to drink 12 beers on a Saturday night, and take a urine test on Tuesday, around 4 PM, would I be able to pass a UA test? Would like answers from someone who knew what they were talking about please. Thanks

Alcohol Urine Test [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all, I would greatly appreciate any and all input. I am on probation, and was surprisingly urine tested on Friday morning, after having had 3 vodka/cranberry (strong ones) on Wednesday night. I stopped drinking at around 8:00PM. I'm so nervous that they would detect the alcohol consumption. How...

Alcohol urine test [ 4 Answers ]

Will adding a little salt to a urine test off you finger mess the test up?

Alcohol in urine specimens [ 1 Answers ]

How long, after drinking half a bottle of liquor, will a urine test detect alcohol consumption ?

View more questions Search