Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FIGHTERFORLIFE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Im 17 and I got married , what should I do?
    Hi my name is maria and I'm 17, my husband is 18. We got married because we loved each other but the main reason for getting married so young was because he wanted to help me get my citizenship. Since I have been here all my life but I wasn't born here(mexico) and I was having trouble with getting a job and license. I love him dearly but we have a lot of financial problems which have made our relationship rocky. I have been close a couple times to getting an anullment, because of those problems and because I'm very independent. I love him dearly, and we have only been married for four months.
    He also has stomach cancer, what should I do! Help me
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 03:42 PM
    It sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place.

Let me get this straight, correct me if I'm wrong. You want to leave because of financial problems and the fact that he has stomach cancer?

Whatever happened to "In sickness and in health, for richer or poorer til death do us part?"

Getting your citizenship is the worst reason in the world to get married. You are young, but that is no excuse. I hate to say it, but you made your bed, now you have to lay in it.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but really, did you think that marriage would be easy. It's not like playing house, you have actual responsibilities and you are the one who has to deal with them.

If you do decide to get a divorce then I hope that you think long and hard before walking down the isle the next time.

Good luck.
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Feb 26, 2008, 04:13 PM
    It very clear that you were not ready to be married. First let me tell that all relationship have problem some small and some huge. I wouldn't recommend you marriage annulled just because the relationship is having financial problems. Most marriages have financial issue. In a marriage you have to drop your independent and become interdependant on each other.

If this something that your are not ready for I sugguest you go through the annullment.

Sorry to hear that he has stomach cancer. There is treatment for stomach cancer and he can live a long life if treated correct.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Yes, you were far to young to get married, but that is water under the bridge, since you are. Now you have to work at it. Each state has their own laws about illegals getting drivers license. And getting married will not really be a automatic way to become one. But you need to get a job, and while I don't approve of illegal labor, heavens know it is everywhere, you go and find a job the best way you can.
    Mr_am Posts: 105, Reputation: 4

Feb 26, 2008, 05:01 PM
    I agree with Altenweg... Anyway financial problems could not last forever. Stick to your marriage.
    1023mya Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 07:26 PM
    It kind of seems to me your being a little selfish. Marriage is about compromising, being there for each other and supporting each other. Financial problems happen in every new marriage. I've been married for almost 7 months but, I don't take our finanical problems out on my husband. When you marry someone you marry there family, friends ,lifestyle, problems, acheviements , weaknesses,and certianly there health problems. I think you really need to sit down and really think about what your doing. It's not just about you anymore. It's about you and your husband. I don't have the greatest marriage were having problems. But your not going to get anymore playing the blame game. I'm not trying to be mean. I wish you the best of luck. God Bless your husband my heart goes out to him. My Husbands mother had breast cancer and she passed away 5 days after my husband and I got married. I feel for you both.
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Mar 7, 2008, 01:23 AM
    All relationships have problems financial and illness among other things that what will make your relationship stronger in the long run coming through these things

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married and falling for a married man [ 16 Answers ]

I met this married man doing volunteer work. I noticed that he was nice looking and he was helpful with what I needed. I do fundraisers for the Humane Society. Anyway, he told me to contact when I needed his help and he would donate a portion of money from his business. He gave me his business card...

I am in love with 2 men, 1 is getting married and I am married to the other [ 12 Answers ]

Never ever thought I would be posting a question on a site - but life got me here:rolleyes: I am a happily married woman - happily married if you remove the sex out of marriage. My partner was never very interested in sex and that was something I had comfortably accepted. We lived happily for...

In love with a married man and I am married too. [ 21 Answers ]

I have being married for 11 yrs. And going with a married man for 9 yrs. What do I do? He tells me he love me but, yet keeps important information from me that I needs to know. He puts other people in our relationship, and that's has caused a problem for us. I know that is not right to be with him...

I cannot answer this one for certain. (married/previously married folks may help) [ 3 Answers ]

My old college roommate asked me to weigh in on his girlfriend's angst. His girlfriends ex-husband remarried and he says she's been a bit "off" since for weeks. I said it was normal since she has kids with her Ex and now they have a new family for her to deal with etc... Anyway, he thinks...

View more questions Search