Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 26, 2006, 01:21 PM
    Poetry
    What is a legit place to have publish my poetry. I write poetry. People want me to have it published but I sent my stuff to a place one time and they ripped me off and now my poem is published with someone else's name on it. Where are the real publishers??
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 26, 2006, 01:50 PM
    Poetry
    The trouble with trying to get your work published,is you need an agent.They will charge a fee,pretend they are sending your work to all and sundry,and you get nothing but a huge bill.Dont even reply to lots of web,or newspaper adds,telling you to "get your poetry published here".Another scam.You end up buying one book,with your work,and others,for another large fee.There will be no circulation,outside those who "subscribe" to the book.
    A better suggestion,is to join a poetry club,where you can meet like minded people.However,the downside of this,is that often they are populated by critics,who only praise their own work.However,you will meet a lot of folk,whom you will get on well with.
    The other suggestion,is to create a simple web page,or short site (there are plenty of free templates out there),and put your work on-line.A nice easy on the eye design,and if you include a temporary email address (to keep the funnies away) :D you will get feedback from like-minded folk.
    If you do that,don't forget to tell all your friends on AMHD,who will no doubt "put the feelers out",to tell all our friends,family,about your work.I wish you well.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Mar 24, 2006, 12:22 PM
    If your poem was published with someone else's name on it you should take legal action.
    pearl786 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 07:43 AM
    I publised it for u in some ones else name

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Poetry search... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone have any interesting ideas for poetry that fits in with a wedding theme? I was thinking more along the lines of ee cummings and less along the lines of browning or shakespeare... perhaps something a little unusual?

Poetry [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Experts: I need a website that has poems talking about doubleduch. Please help I can't find any of my own. Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search