Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carebear86 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Feb 26, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Is it positive or negative?
    I took a pregnancy test yesterday. It was negative. Something told me to look at it again this morning and it had a very tainted yellow line next to the very bright pink line. I read in an article that a test is only correct up to 10 min otherwise it evaporates and the results may change. Let me know what you guys think? Also, should I take another one just to make sure?

Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 11:43 AM
    The tests are only good during the 10 minute time line. If you took the test yesterday and read it today, what you saw was called an evaporation line. It does not mean you are pregnant.

If it would make you feel better, take another test in the morning using first morning urine and read it during the 10 minutes, no longer than that. After the 10 minutes just throw it away.
    Carebear86 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Feb 26, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Thank you... I guess I just needed someone else's opinion then the article's! :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 11:48 AM
    You are very welcome. I will tell you though, that this is not my opinion. As a nurse extern in labor and delivery we get these questions quite often. Good luck to you dear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two positive pregnancy test one negative can I still be pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

Last month I spotted just a little, I started feeling sick. Then this month I was a couple days late and I took a pregnancy test, it came back positive but it was a lite line. So I waited a week and took it again it was the same lite line. I was just about to make appointment and I started to spot....

Is this a positive or negative pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is stephanie I'm 18 years old as some of you guys already know me, but I took a pregnancy test a couple days ago in the morning and on the oval shape on the right there's a vertical line going down which means the test is working and on the circle shape on the left there's a dark line...

Cell phone charger positive negative [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to use my old cell phone car charger for my cb radio. To do so, I need to fing out what is positive and what is negative. One of the wires are groved with a few indented lines going all the way down and the other is just flat, which is positive and which is negative? The non groved wire...

Is it a positive or a negative? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I took a test today and the results said negative so I put it or the counter and walked away for a couple of hours when I came back it had a very light blue plus so does this mean a negative or a positive? I'm so confussed:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Positive HPT Negative Blood Test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all - I am asking if anyone has ever experienced the following and what the outcome was. I took a HPT (e.p.t. +/-) at 11 dpo and 12 dpo and got a very clear faint positive within 30 sec. Two days later I was given a pos/neg blood test at my doctor's office and got a negative. However,...

View more questions Search